Where to position bottom NavBar in threads?

Where do you prefer the lower NavBar appear?

• Below the QuickReply window (current)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Above the QuickReply window (proposed)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Don't care, stop bugging me!

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
I'm a little dissatisfied with the location of the lower navbar (the bar that appears below the quickreply box when viewing threads). I am considering relocating it to just above the quick reply box, but I figured I'd see what preferences people have. (I might even make two new styles - one for people who like it above and one for below.)

Please examine the two attached screenshots, Below and Above, and vote for the one that you prefer. If you have no preference, please indicate that as well. :)

Thanks!

I voted below. I'd also like to see the Quick Reply window more closely "attached" to the thread.

Do away with it completely, its a duplication of what is at the top. My op. is that the page is busy enough and a few people are noticing difficulty getting around. Eg: I am clicking New Posts to see all messages, and then I have to go to Recent Activity later because for some reason there are posts there that I have missed. Its probably just my idiocy; but "simple is usually better" for the average joe computer user.

I think above would be better.

When I'm just reading and not posting, I get to the end of the thread, then have to go hunting for the navbar. Currently I find myself scrolling back to the top to get to it or the new post and recent activity buttons even though I know they are on the bottom. Instinctively I keep expecting it right below the last post.

If I'm going to post, the quick reply box is distinct enough on it's own even if it's 1" lower.

Seeing the jpg you attached with it above the reply box, that's what I keep expecting to see, especially when I'm in a hurry or speed reading the threads.

my two marbles worth...

P.S. I'd be late for work even if it was $5 million. :D

Ok - since the interest in this question was minimal...the change is made. :) Hopefully it won't take too much time to adjust to the new location. :)

Greebo said:
Ok - since the interest in this question was minimal...the change is made. :) Hopefully it won't take too much time to adjust to the new location. :)

Excellent! Instantly adapted... :)

Back