Where to go?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Every spring my pilot mentor and I take a trip with our wives to Martha;'s Vineyard Usually in the Seneca perhpas in the Lance now that I will be able to fly one after this weekend. KMVY is about 225 nm from KLOM ( Philly area)

We have done KMVY two years in a row now and it is beautuful and we get very reasonable room rates ( although dinners can be pretty pricey) We like the shore and enjoy renting bikes and riding around the island. Although it is nice we are considering another destination this spring ( mid June)

We would like something 225-250nm suppose we could stretch that a bit but we are renters so distance = $$. We would prefer not to have to rent a car ( we like to walk (and be near some water with some things to do ie rent bikes have some decent places to eat dinner, some natural beauty, the ocean is great but I suppose a nice lake would do as well. And of course we don't want to break the bank. Anyone have anythoughts for such a 2-3 day trip? A colleague suggested Smith Mountain Lake VA.

Asheville, NC. Stay at and visit The Biltmore Estate. Excellent food, hotel, winery. Capitalism at it's finest.

Hot Springs, VA. Stay at the Homestead. A little pricey, but very, very nice with turn of the century charm.

Ocracoke, NC. Isolated beach and very quaint town. Nice B and B's, and great seafood.

Greg
182RG

Spring Break at Lake Havasu!!!

offinsive image Here.

Last edited:
Michael said:

offinsive image Here.

Wow thats hot. I'll be there in approx 3.5 hours, Michael.

oh adam - mid June? I got a suggestion. How about Gastons? :)

Second the recommendation for Ocracoke if the ocean is important. Bar Harbor is very nice too. I love Nantucket - it's much more relaxed (to me) than Martha's. And you can hum the "Wings" theme as you make your approach and call yourself "Sandpiper 151".

May be too far, but consider Mackinac Island Michigan as well.

SkyHog said:
Wow thats hot. I'll be there in approx 3.5 hours, Michael.

oh adam - mid June? I got a suggestion. How about Gastons? :)

LOL well thats a good 7:15 from here a bit longer than the ladies would like. Besides Gastons is Early June. About 2 hours is the perfect time for them in the plane before they demand we land or pay the consequences for months to come.:no:

TMetzinger said:
Second the recommendation for Ocracoke if the ocean is important. Bar Harbor is very nice too. I love Nantucket - it's much more relaxed (to me) than Martha's. And you can hum the "Wings" theme as you make your approach and call yourself "Sandpiper 151".

May be too far, but consider Mackinac Island Michigan as well.

Best bet would be to come in a Cessna 421, use the callsign "Cessna Nevada One Two One Papa Papa," and then hum it.

Aside from the 421 and the callsign, thats what I did when I went there. In fact, I have the wings theme as a ringer on my cellphone because of my trip there.

for a day trip - consider KBKL and visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, as well as a GATO-class submarine that you can tour.

Michael said:

offinsive image Here.

I think I need to bring the boat back to Havasu. :)

I suppose I can get there via the river from Bullhead.

How about St. Simon's Island, GA? We did an AYA Fly-in there in 2003 and had a great time. Took as about 5 hour in the Tiger. Maybe that's a little far.

How about Tangier Island, TGI? Bring booze as its dry.

Last edited:
Back