Where to get spin training on the east coast?

farmerbrake

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
farmerbrake
Looking for recommendations for places to get the required spin training for the CFI license. I want a place that isn't just some instructor giving the sign off.
Looking anywhere from PA down to NC. Big area, I know, but I have family scattered about.
If you have the cost estimates that'd be awesome too.
Thanks in advance!

^ this. good guy.

Cost: He's around 200-220/flight hour with debrief on his plane

Last edited:
^ this. good guy.

Cost: He's around 200-220/flight hour with debrief

For spin training? His rate excluding the plane? Dang guess I'd better start giving spin training lol. Last CFI I trained I charged $20/hr. :(

Looking for recommendations for places to get the required spin training for the CFI license. I want a place that isn't just some instructor giving the sign off.
Looking anywhere from PA down to NC. Big area, I know, but I have family scattered about.
Thanks in advance!

Decathlon in Central Virginia, very little traffic to deal with (road or air):
http://flyacro.us/
He is thorough and will do 2-3 flights with you. Only drawback is that last I knew, was only available on weekends, but this could have changed. $190/hr dual.

I was gonna mention Gene but I don't think the OP wants to go this far. Agree he's good.
Yea, I was going off of the "I want a place that isn't just some instructor giving the sign off." thing... what most people say they want and what they actually want though...

Yea, I was going off of the "I want a place that isn't just some instructor giving the sign off." thing... what most people say they want and what they actually want though...
I actually was looking to see if anyone would recommend Bill Finagin (sp?) Over at KANP (Annapolis md) I think. That's who my instructor recommended.

Spin training is spin training. Go up, spin down, recover and then land. Not rocket surgery.

Unless you want to spin a DC-3 or something bigger.

How is it your instructor can't do spin training with you?

Spin training is spin training. Go up, spin down, recover and then land. Not rocket surgery.

Unless you want to spin a DC-3 or something bigger.

How is it your instructor can't do spin training with you?
Not having an aircraft that is licensed to spin makes it a little difficult

I just did that during my bi-annual flight review, nothing like staring directly down at the ground while you spiral :D

Thanks in advance!
Epix Aviation (where I'm based) does spin training in their Citabria. They are in Chesapeake, VA at CPK.

www.epixaviation.com

I actually was looking to see if anyone would recommend Bill Finagin (sp?) Over at KANP (Annapolis md) I think. That's who my instructor recommended.

I was also wondering if anyone would recommend Bill. If I were on the east coast fairly close, that is where I would go.

Back