"Where is that in relationship to the rest of the world?”

The correct answer is, "in the middle of nowhere".

1200 hours on a STUDENT certificate???? :hairraise:

Sheesh I thought it took me a long time to get my ticket!!!! :D

Geez, if the 210 is such a popular drug runner plane for being a high-wing, why didn't they leave me alone?! ;)

Pretty incredible story. And I worry about making a typo on my eAPIS form and having them hunt me down for it.

I wonder what kind of "FAA records" exist that show how many hours a non-certificated pilot has flown in a non-registered airplane.

I wonder what kind of "FAA records" exist that show how many hours a non-certificated pilot has flown in a non-registered airplane.

While not proof, if the previous owner still had logbooks with tach/hobbs time near the time of the theft, and it was recovered with 1200 more hours on it, they are probably making the assumption that he flew all those additional hours on the plane - which may or may not be the case.

Shows what you can do when you don't give a damn. Or as I've heard the cops say, "we don't catch the smart ones".

While not proof, if the previous owner still had logbooks with tach/hobbs time near the time of the theft, and it was recovered with 1200 more hours on it, they are probably making the assumption that he flew all those additional hours on the plane - which may or may not be the case.

Or they could be mistaking the pilot's logbook for FAA records.

Although you'd be a real idiot to log your drug runs, but then again the guy did get caught in the manner he did...

Back