Where is my Medical?

U

Unregistered

I just want to vent about the speed of the FAA. I had my medical deffered about two months ago, but with the help of my amazing AME we got everything in order and sent to the FAA quickly. I called them every other day for about a month, like I was told to do by some other pilots, and the word finally came back that everything was cleared and I should be receiving my medical and student pilot cert in the mail.... that was about two weeks ago, and I still have no mail from the FAA. Does it take them just as long to send the letter out as it did to approve my medical? I'm begining to wonder if it was lost, or if they just told me I was cleared and the letter was in the mail, just so I would stop calling them. Anyone else have it take more than two weeks to get a letter from the FAA that was supposedly being put in the mail? I want to get flying, but I want to have my approved medical and student pilot cert in hand before I drop money on it. Very fustrating!

Ask you AME to call and get the case reviewd and for a "Wire" to be sent, a fax in lieu of medical certificate. He can get it done TOMORROW if he tries.

Ask you AME to call and get the case reviewd and for a "Wire" to be sent, a fax in lieu of medical certificate. He can get it done TOMORROW if he tries.

If he's working on President's Day. And won't OKC be closed anyway? ;)

Anyone else have it take more than two weeks to get a letter from the FAA that was supposedly being put in the mail? /QUOTE]

It seems to be standard operating procedure. e.g. A letter approving my SI dated mid April , 2009 arrived after three weeks or so. It took the FAA 9 ea months to complete the whole process in my case. So, two months is really quick... Everything is relative.

Last edited:
And that is why I have endless work if I want it. We can generally turn these things around short of a month.

Sigh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back