Where is Afib reported on the MedExpress form?

06Vanden Plas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
06Vanden Plas
Is it under the have you had heart “trouble” area, or is it in the general medical information area? This is Afib fixed by ablation 16 months ago. No recurrence, Holter monitor and ECG to confirm.

If I pull the trigger on the application tomorrow or the next day, the Holter test will be within 60 days of filing. Is 60 days the appropriate time period, or is it 90 days? I’ve scanned the entire 300-page examiners’ manual and that point is not quite clear to me.

Thanks.

Don’t put anything in MedExpress before you have talked to an AME and are sure you have everything you need.

Hopefully Dr. Bruce Chien will see this or you can contact him through his website. Aeromedicaldoc.com

What Dave said in a big way.

Don't fill out the form or "officially" see an AME until you have the proper guidance.

Done correctly, many cardiac maladies are issuable. Done wrong and it's a huge smelly mess.

And it isn't just "what to mark on the FAA form". It is also what specific items to bring from what doctors that provide documentation on th specific things on the airman's condition.

It's going to be a YES answer under 18g and 18u and also reported under 19.

If the Holter is negative for arrhythmia and no recurrence since the ablation, it should be issuable. You are best advised to have a good AME handle it. 60 or 90, I don't know, best to have it as current as you can.

Thanks to all. I have done a boatload of homework. I have: all AFib-related hospitalization records , hospital and electrophysiologists records of ablation, follow-up visit notes with EP and his NP, Holter, ECG, and letter from general cardiologist to whom I was released after ablation. Holter — negative for arrhythmia with no recurrence since ablation — is 58 days old. I am using a HIMS AME as I also did alcohol rehab 11 years ago and use a CPAP. I have all records and recommendation letters on those issues as well. The file folder is quite full!

Again, thanks for the quick responses. I do appreciate the guidance.

Oops. I apologize. I forgot to say the ablation was 16 months ago, so no recurrence since.

Again, seek out direct advice from the right AME, not SGsOTI

Is it under the have you had heart “trouble” area, or is it in the general medical information area? This is Afib fixed by ablation 16 months ago. No recurrence, Holter monitor and ECG to confirm.

If I pull the trigger on the application tomorrow or the next day, the Holter test will be within 60 days of filing. Is 60 days the appropriate time period, or is it 90 days? I’ve scanned the entire 300-page examiners’ manual and that point is not quite clear to me.

Thanks.

either!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back