Where in the world is Skyhog

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
Well,
Last post was he MIGHT get out of there. Not showing on FlightAware.
Anyone talked with him this afternoon?

Mark

markb5900 said:
Well,

Mark
Skyhog is either chilling at my apartment or cruising around the Minneapolis/St Paul area in my car.

He did send me a text message today claiming all our women are good looking. :dunno:

Last edited:
jangell said:
He did send me a text message today claiming all our women are good looking. :dunno:

...so I guess he's been drinking heavily?

In the winter up there everyone looks the same with all those coats on.

I was sleeping. Decision time is NOW. Do I launch into decent weather, knowing I'll be near clouds at night, or pray for decent weather tomorrow.....

Just my .02, possible IMC at night in unfamiliar terrain is about 3 links in the accident chain already broke.

Mark B.

Its looking iffy nick. satellite pictures shows lots of stuff going on. tstorms in IOwa, NE nebraska, headed east. MSP and south central minnesotat there is a big hole, with solid overcast in SW MN, could probably fly above that, then lotsa holes in Nebraska, probably be about as far as one tank of gas and daylight would take you anyway, South central NE.

w00t - Jesse and I are gonna fly a 172 down to FCM to pick up the plane and then come back up.

At least I get some flying done!

Looks like fog tomorrow morning in IA, but not so bad in MN. Might be tough trying to go south tomorrow.

markb5900 said:
Well,

Mark
BTW, I'm pretty sure that VFR flights don't show up on Flight Aware, only IFR.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

deafsound said:
BTW, I'm pretty sure that VFR flights don't show up on Flight Aware, only IFR.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

From their FAQ page:

http://flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt said:
Can FlightAware track VFR flights? What about a VFR flight with a flight plan? (Back To Top)

Some VFR aircraft with flight following are available on the position maps but it largely unreliable and no arrival/departure/flight plan data is available. VFR flight plans are irrelevant and only used by FSS for search and rescue. We suggest ensuring that aircraft are on an IFR flight plan from wheels up to wheels down for proper tracking.

If a VFR pilot has not asked for flight following, you're not going to get any data. If they have asked for it... you might see them... or you might not.

Troy Whistman said:
From their FAQ page:

If a VFR pilot has not asked for flight following, you're not going to get any data. If they have asked for it... you might see them... or you might not.

Your chances are better - but not guaranteed - if you get a code from Center.

Okie - weather is looking pretty dang good, but not to Albuquerque. I have my route - I am gonna go to KRAP, and recheck there, but I should be able to get to 3V5 tonight (Fort Collins, CO). Then leave super early tomorrow morning before all the nastiness starts, and I'll be in Albuquerque mid-day Sunday.

Hopefully :D

jangell said:
Skyhog is either chilling at my apartment or cruising around the Minneapolis/St Paul area in my car.

If Nick is still around and it's not raining, make sure he gets a chance to wander around Lake Calhoun during the daytime. The "scenery" there is usually awesome.

SCCutler said:
...so I guess he's been drinking heavily?

Funny thing-- After he made that statement I actually started to pay attention...and if you are in the right area of the twin cities. It is a true statement, they are damn near all are good looking.

I guess I never have paid much attention 'cause I've left Minnesota damn near every weekend this summer.

jangell said:
Well, between that and discovering White Castle (BTW, Krystal's are nastier) I guess Nick's gonna take that job in Minnesota after all! Right? Might as well leave the plane there, then.

-Rich

rpadula said:
Well, between that and discovering White Castle (BTW, Krystal's are nastier) I guess Nick's gonna take that job in Minnesota after all! Right? Might as well leave the plane there, then.

-Rich

The other 6 owners may have something to say about that.

..And Nick is off.. Actually he left sometime around noon.

jangell said:
..And Nick is off.. Actually he left sometime around noon.

And today's weather in the upper midwest is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm gonna go flying in an hour or so. So is my new trainee, he just doesn't know it yet. :D

Back