Where in the world is One Short?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Last I saw her she was waving her wings goodbye as she departed LLU this morning headed for Oklahoma.

Barb left Michigan yesterday for Wisconsin. She is headed for the Short Wing Piper convention by way of Wyoming and Idaho. :D Barb had to deviate d/t weather and ended up staying with us last night. What a pleasant surprise. :yes: We enjoyed spending time with her. :)

Hopefully she will check in from time to time when she has access, and update us on how her trip is going.

Attachments

• Barb Miller 2008 003 40.JPG
    Barb Miller 2008 003 40.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 61
cool diana. you guys are getting all sorts of visitors. Barb is a ton of fun, hopefully she makes it to Sidnaw this year.

Yeah We need more racoon tagert practice stories:D:D:D

cool diana. you guys are getting all sorts of visitors. Barb is a ton of fun, hopefully she makes it to Sidnaw this year.
I think she mentioned trying to make it. Yea, we enjoy having people come see us and stay with us. I told Barb if she was weathered in for more than 2 days, we'd have her help mow those runways. :D

Yeah We need more racoon tagert practice stories:D:D:D
:D Barb is a great storyteller. And she has a LOT of stories. :yes:

I'm learning lots of things on this trip.

1. Don't ever go to Diana and Tom's place for the first time. They a such great hosts that you will do ANYTHING to go back! Including flying 1000 miles or so out of your way.

2. Mexico and Cuba are not foreign countries. They are in Missouri (Oh, maybe that does make them a foreign country)

3. Don't leave your keys on top of the panel down south. They get REALLY hot!

Continuing on my quest to reach Wisconsin from Michigan, I left Diana's and headed South to Neosha(cheaper gas) then west to Alva, OK. I got the last of their cheap gas(They were just getting a new load, but it is only going up to $5.00 so it is still better than most.) Then up to Atwood, KS in the northwest part of the state. And I settled in for the night in Ogallala, NE. (gosh, that's a fun word to say) I must be getting close to Wisconsin because Oshkosh is only about 30 miles WEST of Ogallala.

Diana, Thanks again for putting me up and putting up with me. I really enjoyed everything. It maked me feel like a new woman and now the new woman wants to come visit.
I got a picture of your farm but it isn't real good. I was kind of caught up in a 30-35 kt headwind after leaving Lamar.

Barb

Attachments

• NoExpos 040.jpg
    NoExpos 040.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 43

1. Don't ever go to Diana and Tom's place for the first time. They a such great hosts that you will do ANYTHING to go back! Including flying 1000 miles or so out of your way.

2. Mexico and Cuba are not foreign countries. They are in Missouri (Oh, maybe that does make them a foreign country)

3. Don't leave your keys on top of the panel down south. They get REALLY hot!

Continuing on my quest to reach Wisconsin from Michigan, I left Diana's and headed South to Neosha(cheaper gas) then west to Alva, OK. I got the last of their cheap gas(They were just getting a new load, but it is only going up to $5.00 so it is still better than most.) Then up to Atwood, KS in the northwest part of the state. And I settled in for the night in Ogallala, NE. (gosh, that's a fun word to say) I must be getting close to Wisconsin because Oshkosh is only about 30 miles WEST of Ogallala.

Diana, Thanks again for putting me up and putting up with me. I really enjoyed everything. It maked me feel like a new woman and now the new woman wants to come visit.
I got a picture of your farm but it isn't real good. I was kind of caught up in a 30-35 kt headwind after leaving Lamar.

Barb

Oshkosh is one of the best goose hunting areas in the world. That's right around where I grew up.

I must be getting close to Wisconsin because Oshkosh is only about 30 miles WEST of Ogallala.

Y'know, I've always wondered if anyone has accidentally showed up at OKS instead of OSH during the big show! :rofl:

If you're headed up that road towards OKS and you keep going, you'll go over Scottsbluff. If you fly over the new terminal, look down at the exhaust fans on the roof. I delivered 'em. And then they told me it was too windy to fly. :( :dunno:

:D

It was a pleasure Barb. I hope you can stay longer next time. Tom enjoyed meeting you. Plus, he always enjoys talking about TriPacers, especially since he owned one for several years. Sorry we had to run out and mow for a few hours after you got here. We had a small window to do that and we needed to get it done before the next round of rain...which we're getting now.

I got a picture of your farm but it isn't real good.

That's a great picture...thanks! You can really tell how much the winter wheat is turning.

I was kind of caught up in a 30-35 kt headwind after leaving Lamar.
Wow, I wondered how much you would have.

Thanks again for coming to see us...it was great visiting with you. :yes:

Be sure to keep us updated on your trip. Pictures are expected. :yes:

Barb

Barb,

Your a perfectionist... that's a GREAT picture of the farm. It looks like a little peice of heaven to me. Now I really have to get there some day.

Maybe after Rick and I are done with his Ran's S-7, I'll be able to talk him into borrowing it for a week or two.

Missa

Well, I spent the last two days flying around Wyoming, and I've learned a couple of more things.

1. They lie about their winds on the AWOS. They are at least twice as strong as they say.:hairraise:

2. Lift is a Gift. Don't squander it when flying up a hill.

I got to see some amazing scenery today. Here are a couple of pictures.

The lake is Big Horn Lake on the border of Montana and Wyoming
The mountains run along the south edge of the "valley" that leads to Dubois, Wy
The Tetons are visible from probably 100 miles away while flying up to Dubois
The Popo Agie River by Lander WY disappears into a cave.

Barb

Attachments

• Big Horn Lake.jpg
    Big Horn Lake.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Rockies to Dubois.jpg
    Rockies to Dubois.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Tetons from 100miles.jpg
    Tetons from 100miles.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Popo Agie River.jpg
    Popo Agie River.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 20
Well, I'm back to civilization. I spent the last couple of days in the middle of Idaho. The weather was awesome and so was the scenery. I learned a few more things.

1. Don't eat spicy beans and rice at high elevation airports. :hairraise:

2. It's cold in them thar hills. I froze my butt of the first night so I slept in the bathroom the next night(it's heated to about 50F)

Here's some more pictures. The first is evening at Smiley Creek, Second is Johnson Creek with some early arrivals to a Cub flyin. Third is flying out of the canyon that Johnson Creek is in. Fourth is just one of many mountains in Idaho, and last is the thermometer at Smiley Creek this morning.

Barb

Attachments

• 413Smiley Creek Evening.jpg
    413Smiley Creek Evening.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 440Johnson Creek Cubs.jpg
    440Johnson Creek Cubs.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 442Leaving Johnson Creek.jpg
    442Leaving Johnson Creek.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 448Snow on The Mountain.jpg
    448Snow on The Mountain.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 462Cold.jpg
    462Cold.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 10
Well, I may question your definition of "civilization", but it sounds like you had a great (but chilly) time! I love the first shot of the Tri Pacer!

Back