Where I'm at on my IR journey

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
So it's been a couple of days. Last Friday did a session with the guy that will be the examiner. He said I would have passed except for one altitude excursion of 150 feet and a drop of 20 feet below mda. He didn't put me through partial panel as I didn't learn it.

Had a bad session Sunday. Don't want to relive it.

Monday weather sucked, so went through ground only with my instructor and then, me and another of my CFIs students had a ground with the DPE. DPE told me I was well prepared.

Had an outstanding session yesterday. Ceilings were low over SE WI and northern Illinois in morning. Did awesome VOR approaches at KENW and ok ILS. Landed, did a dual vor check, got fuel. Flew back to KPWK in the soup. Chicago approach requested best forward speed due to jet traffic. Nailed the ILS 16 into KPWK. It was awesome coming out of the clouds and seeing the runway environment there. Did a hot landing and greased it. ATC got on horn and thanked me for my help, and said excellent landing. Felt good.

Unfortunately, my adventure will have to be postponed. Getting married and going on a honeymoon. Last two weeks have been a blast. Looking forward to finishing up right after July 4.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your wedding and don't worry, aviation does not cause divorce. Divorce on the other hand, does seem to cause aviation.

Well, I'm going on a XC with my son tomorrow. He will fly one leg, I will fly the leg back. Maybe I will do an approach on the way back.

As I have to finish up with partial panel, a Club CFII who loves Partial Panel stuff said he would be happy to go with me Tuesday, as my normal instructor will be out of town. On Friday, I will get one more session in with the guy who will be the DPE. Guess I am addicted.....

Back