Where do you keep your pen?

I once had the crazy idea to NOT use a pen, but instead to type notes on my iPad... Tried that exactly once... :D

I once had the crazy idea to NOT use a pen, but instead to type notes on my iPad... Tried that exactly once... :D
I tried it once too, then I got rid of all the paper in the plane and kept doing it

I guess I'm the odd one out of the bunch.

I clip my pen to my seatbelt/shoulder harness in front of my chest. So all I have to do is reach up and slide the pen off and slide it back on. Haven't lost a pen yet doing that. :thumbsup:

If I had hair I would keep it in my hair. :nonod:

You have a pen? You got it easy. We never had a pen or hair...we only had an imaginary pen and had to carry that in our hands 'cause we couldn't afford pockets.

You have a pen? You got it easy. We never had a pen or hair...we only had an imaginary pen and had to carry that in our hands 'cause we couldn't afford pockets.

You also had to walk up hill both ways while carrying a hot potato to keep warm?

You also had to walk up hill both ways while carrying a hot potato to keep warm?

Not me, that was my cousin. Runt of the litter, she had it tough. I got to go downhill in the morning. No hot potato though..we only had cold potatoes. Couldn't afford the hot ones.

Many online stores sell these pen holders that attach to a kneeboard. I always use one that holds 2 pens, plus I keep a pen in my shirt pocket (if I wear a shirt that has a pocket) and one in the console.
http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/8774

http://www.pilotmall.com/product/Pen-Pal-Pen-Pencil-Clip/pens

Even though I fly at a nontowered airport, I made it a habit always to use my kneeboard (except if staying in the pattern, such as for night currency). You never know when you might have to call ATC or FSS. And the kneeboard is a good place to keep my cheat sheet of all the frequencies I plan to need or any other information.

I carry a couple of pens in the cockpit. Shirt pocket, pants pocket, clipped to kneeboard, clipped to shoulder harness, clipped to passenger, etc. I don't care if I drop one on the floor.

I've got a grease pencil velcroed to the windshield pillar on the Cub. I just write on the side window. It wipes right off when you're done with it. Did the same thing in my RV7. Don

I keep two in the center console with two pencils, and my sunglasses.

penss.jpg

Back