Where can I find...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...a unserviceable propellor?

I just finished a room that's 21' x 12' with an 11-1/2' foot high wall running the long way. The room is painted burgundy, and I am looking to put a good size prop on the big wall. Doesn't matter if it is a 2-blade or 3-blade, just want something I can blast/polish and mount up on the wall. I'm thinking an 8' prop would be ideal.

I just finished a room that's 21' x 12' with an 11-1/2' foot high wall running the long way. The room is painted burgundy, and I am looking to put a good size prop on the big wall. Doesn't matter if it is a 2-blade or 3-blade, just want something I can blast/polish and mount up on the wall. I'm thinking an 8' prop would be ideal.

Ed,
I have a Sensenich 74" that is un-serviceable. No dents or dings, painted white right now, but you could polish it if you wish. Make me an offer I can't refuse. There are usually several on E-Bay as well.

I know where there is a 2blade prop off a 182RG that is unserviceable. You'll have to fight me for it first though.

The prop shop that did my overhaul was chrome-plating a red tagged prop for a local military officers club.

http://www.rdpropeller.com/

You could probably find a prop shop near you that has one or two that are non-repairable which could be had for cheap.

I've got a 172 prop that's been sitting in the garage for 18 years. If you want to pay for the shipment, it's yours.

Dan

I know where there is a 2blade prop off a 182RG that is unserviceable. You'll have to fight me for it first though.

Perhaps you can start a side business for unserviceable props. ;)

You could call it Tony's Award Winning Unserviceable Propeller Maker. :D

Last edited:
I've got a 172 prop that's been sitting in the garage for 18 years. If you want to pay for the shipment, it's yours.

Dan

I would volunteer to take this off your hands (if shipping doesn't kill me) ... for my boy's room ... he loves aviation!

The one in my office cost me nearly three grand. It has a cute little red tag on it because over 29 years it had been dressed a few times too many with a file and the cord measurement was too small at three stations...

You're welcome to it for the three grand the replacement cost :D

The one in my office cost me nearly three grand. It has a cute little red tag on it because over 29 years it had been dressed a few times too many with a file and the cord measurement was too small at three stations...

You're welcome to it for the three grand the replacement cost :D

Exactly what happened to mine except it only cost $2400 to replace.
Sigh....

What's the size of it? 72" 76" ?

74". The tips would need a little filing if you wanted it to look nice, but are the right general shape. Pictures if you want them...

Dan

I looked at an airplane for sale that had an unserviceable prop. The seller is still flying it, though. I could send you the tail number.

Back