Where are the good places to fly in the Bahamas?

Bill Watson

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MauleDriver
We're making a trip to South Andros for 3 days of Bonefishing at the end of the month. I would like to tack 3-5 days of Bahamas time to the end of the trip but don't really know where to go. Not interested in the big resorts.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

I started reading the "Bahamas Guide" and have started to identify a few potential places to stay - Hawks Nest for example. Seems to be peak season starting at the end of the month so room availability may be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hawks nest is great. The riding rock inn on Long Island is a comfortable stay,down the block from a big resort. Also liked Stella marris nice weekend stay.

Not sure what your budget is but the exumas are amazing, and in particular the Staniel Cay area. We stayed at www.fowlcay.com in July and loved it so much we are headed back this spring. Either way enjoy your trip and have a safe flight!

I have had a couple of great memories in Georgetown, Exumas.

We're making a trip to South Andros for 3 days of Bonefishing at the end of the month. I would like to tack 3-5 days of Bahamas time to the end of the trip but don't really know where to go. Not interested in the big resorts.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

I started reading the "Bahamas Guide" and have started to identify a few potential places to stay - Hawks Nest for example. Seems to be peak season starting at the end of the month so room availability may be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Staniel Cay Yacht Club, they have bungalows as well.

Thanks all! I finally broke thru to get at the right Web sites. So many places to go and few very far from an airport.

Staniel Cay was an initial choice but no availability - fishing tourney it appears.

Hawks Nest looks like a good spot too.

We ended up booking Fernandez Bay Village for 3 days following 3 days of fishing on Andros. We're looking forward to our first Bahamas trip!

Delete

Last edited:
There are a couple guys on Beechtalk.com that are there all the time and several threads on topic if you'd like to check.

Best,

Dave

Have fun and give us a PIREP when your back.
We are also heading to the Bahamas in April, first trip as well. I have a short window of 2-3 days to spend in the Bahamas so it will probably be 1 or 2 islands.
Will do! Thanks.

Don't forget a trip report for us. I am assuming you are flying there GA

Don't forget a fishing report as well

Thanks for the post!!

Was just forwarded this...

Flight Operations in The Bahamas, Mexico, and The Islands of the Caribbean

January 15, 8PM / AOPA Webinair

The warm breezes and sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea have a strong allure in January! Ever think of flying south for a winter getaway? Learn tips on trip planning and hear the latest information on flight operations in The Bahamas, Mexico, and The Islands of the Caribbean. Join Rick Gardner, Director of Aviation Services, Caribbean Sky Tours and AOPA's Regional Representative south of the border; and Woody Cahall, Vice President, AOPA Pilot Information Center as they discuss flight operations in these delightful destinations.

Seats are limited, register now.

https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1027589

Back