When you fly in the early AM, you get to see this…

That is pretty early!

"Keep sending 'em up!"

I have an evening departure leaving Atlanta coming up that will probably end with a sunrise in France.

Part 91 gigs… gotta love them

fwiw, based on my coworkers' schedules, part 121 has plenty o' early AM brutality too. Of course, this is me as an unrepentant night owl, for whom anything demanding my physical (let alone mental) presence before 1000 local is a crime against humanity. LOL.

One of the biggest things I look forward to in military retirement is the ability to more narrowly control my work hours to fit my night owl tendencies (basically rotate the clock 90*, where my midnight is 0300). I have and continue to be a fan of taking paycuts in exchange for schedule control. My body my choice. :D

Part 91 gigs… gotta love them

135 and 121 aren't strangers to early mornings either. Some of my best pictures have come shortly after a lot of 'fuuuuuuuuuu' being muttered for an hour or two prior. :)

EDIT: hindsight beat me to it

Yup. Approaching AeroCountry
Must be Prosper there on the left and my Mom’s house under your left wing… hi Mom!

I also have a love/hate thing with doing a dawn patrol; I love to fly in the mornings, but hate getting up early…

Back