"When The Doves Cry"

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
jutx5v.jpg

So this is what happens when you hit a dove going 90kts. Not that much damage, but enough to ground the plane.

Drill a hole. Hook up an air compressor. Inflate the wing. Patch hole.

Drill a hole. Hook up an air compressor. Inflate the wing. Patch hole.

Their going to replace the leading edge panel.

The bird bouncing off the wing reminded me of billiards. It was a nice 45* angle shot off the leading edge. :rofl:

Sheetmetal. Bird strike. I could remove form and drill up a new skin in no time. That should definitely be replaced to prevent oil canning. Man I'd like to get my A&P one day to stay current on my scrap metal skills.

I hit a bird on my third landing, just before touchdown, during my first solo. He passed through the prop, hit the cowling and bounced away. Looked to me as if he was unstruck by the prop, and because the speed was down around 50 mph, not even a dent in the cowling. But he didn't fly away after plopping down on the runway in one piece. Sort of a feathery ball.

It was what bird watchers call a LBB when they can't figure out the species. (Little Brown Bird.)

Yep....I left for Gaston s squeaky clean to make a good impression. Upon arrival, it looked like hell. Welcome to AR flying.

Lol! That is after a day or so after washing. Our airport was graced with our own wonderful swamp. :rofl:

I thought about informing him of that this morning but knew that you'd be along shortly to provide an edumacation about the swamp.

:goofy:

:thumbsup:

Mingo Swamp. The only swamp in hill country -- or it seems so when you come to it from the west.

Back