When it absolutely, positively has to get there...

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
...someday. I ordered a rebuilt landing gear motor for the Baron with Fedex overnight delivery yesterday and it didn't make it today. According to Fedex, the plane it was on never departed due to a mechanical problem (probably the gear motor:)). Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow AM because the shop here in Florida that was going to install it is closed Friday and I'm wanting to depart for home on Sunday.

you have landing gear problem lance? be happy you are waiting till sunday. weather is going to be crappy here fri/sat.

or you can just use tony's method of dealing with gear problems...

I'm just jealous, Tony. I hope to do it half as well as you did when my time comes...

When ordering a part from an aircraft component supplier, have them mark the package "AOG" and possibly the unsuspecting freight handlers will get it on another plane thinking you're a bit more important on the food chain. :D

Ya! I sent a United States Postal Dis-service package to Fort Lauderdale, Priority Mail, on the 19th(Tuesday). It'll get there by Saturday?" I asked? "Oh, most likely, Friday," was the response. Today's the 27th, and it's yet to arrive. Frustrating!

HR

Ya! I sent a United States Postal Dis-service package to Fort Lauderdale, Priority Mail, on the 19th(Tuesday). It'll get there by Saturday?" I asked? "Oh, most likely, Friday," was the response. Today's the 27th, and it's yet to arrive. Frustrating!

HR

Priority doesn't have a guaranteed time for delivery, and with the Christmas rush, you probably got caught in that mess. :(

I get the feeling that priority mail is parcel post with a fancy envelope.

Well priority mail IS prioritized over parcel post, but most people have gotten used to paying for priority (since the general response to "We'll have it to XXX by XXX for X.XX" is "sure") and like I said, the Christmas rush causes all kinds of hell with the postal service. If you're sending something for Christmas, make sure it's got a guaranteed delivery date. If not, it may end up sitting aside until there's an opening.

If they can't deliver the service, they shouldn't sell it. They sell it, add more trucks and planes.
I had an envelope I posted priority and was told Tampa, FL was a 1 day delivery (by 10:30am). That would have been a Friday which would work out well. As it turned out, it was delivered Tuesday.
Now THAT is service.

D'oh. I've been bit by UPS.

GREENVILLE,
SC, US 12/28/2006 7:19 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
12/28/2006 5:55 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/28/2006 5:54 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Greenwood != Greenville. But it is only an hour away. Bleh. So another 24 hours for my package. Though I am surprised they realized the error an hour and 20 minutes after it was on a truck for delivery.

But hey, I can get my shipping fees back... somehow.

Hope if works out for you Lance! Guess you go ahold of Larry O. Hope it doesn't impair your vacation or eliminate anything you were geared up for <g>.

Best,

Dave

D'oh. I've been bit by UPS.

GREENVILLE,
SC, US 12/28/2006 7:19 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
Greenwood != Greenville. But it is only an hour away. Bleh. So another 24 hours for my package. Though I am surprised they realized the error an hour and 20 minutes after it was on a truck for delivery.

You would think that those bar codes on the package would prevent routing errors, but maybe that only IDs the package, not where it's supposed to go. I bet they still have guys throwing packages into bins on a rotating conveyor belt.

I'll bet it was the truck driver who finally looked at it on his/her truck and entered the error code on the handheld.

Modrine technology.

After more than one encounter with the Chicago UPS "Customer Service counter" SCREAMING at customers (not me), I go out of my way to specify FedEx ground or even USPS over UPS.

You would think that those bar codes on the package would prevent routing errors, but maybe that only IDs the package, not where it's supposed to go. I bet they still have guys throwing packages into bins on a rotating conveyor belt.

I'll bet it was the truck driver who finally looked at it on his/her truck and entered the error code on the handheld.

Modrine technology.

Hmmm; the destination zip code on my package to Fort Lauderdale is 33309. Looking at my USPS receipt, while in the process of "following" the undelivered package, I noted that the receipt specified 33039 - Homestead, FL. When I showed that to my local post office I was told it was only a "key-punch error" when the transaction was receipted. But now I'm wondering if the box was way-laid to Homestead.

HR

I get the feeling that priority mail is parcel post with a fancy envelope.
I, too, wish the service were better. But I will not complain beyond that. When you consider the tsunami of mail that hits during the Christmas season, it is actually pretty amazing that it works as well as it does.

-Skip

Back