When bling goes too far.

My question is, how much does that weigh? (Not that anyone who would buy that would care, since their personal attendant would be the one actually carrying it, but still?)

Stuff like that sells all the time. I was asked by a company that does custom limos to test some of their cell phone installs. At the time the technology used here in the US (AMPS) was radically different than what was to be used in the country these limos were headed somewhere in the middle east. As I was running the product engineering group that built the phone for the technology that was used there I eventually got a call. I got to test their installs and see the inside of the gold laden behemoths.

I would not be surprised to see junk like that sell as well. Especially to people that have more money than sense.

Is that more expensive than standard Apple laptops?

and as soft as 24K is, better not handle it too much. wonder how those diamonds are set anyway.

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/ma896ll__a-gdd

Ok. My main question is, how much of that purchase price is actually the gold and diamonds?

Yeesh.

The gold is tops of $125, it's just plating. Diamonds..couple of hundred at the outside. They're just little chips. Labor and time for disassembly and reassembly, another $100. Gotta love a 4+key mark-up. It's what's we call "value added".

My question is, how much does that weigh? (Not that anyone who would buy that would care, since their personal attendant would be the one actually carrying it, but still?)

It weighs the same as an off the shelf one. The gold is microns thin and the diamonds tiny chips.

Must be nice to have money to waste on a gold-plated laptop... I wouldn't want to toss that one in my backpack in the back of the car (or airplane) like I do with my trusty Acer.

Rich

Back