Votes: 11 27.5%
  • You got what you deserved

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Your aviation career is OVER

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • There is still hope for your aviation career

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
UPDATE: Another interesting "twist" to it all, having nothing to do with the violation . . .

Surprise! Surprise! One morning I was awakened by some very bad pain and --- shortly thereafter, I found myself having open heart surgery to replace my ascending aorta and a bicuspid valve with a tricuspid valve.

Needless to say, that puts an immediate halt to an FAA Medical Certificate! However, there is a 6-month waiting perod and then you can jump through the hoops to get a medical. So, 6 months and 4 volumes of 1,200+ pages later, the FAA granted me a 1st Class Medical . . .

Now, trying to get back into the aviation market which - unless I want to go to India or China - may be tough . . . but I am seeking it out. The good news is that I knew how to do something else before flying, so I can make money that way --- and, that may be what I do for a while.

That's Good News, at least until things get better.

WTF led to that segway? I'm not understanding the connection to the original thread. Which, was before my time.

POA time, that is.

Nevermind, you're the op.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think, after all my years of being severely punished for my honesty and forthrightness, that in all dealings with government, you should conduct yourself as if you were an elected office holder. Lie and evade. Never answer a direct question with a direct answer.

-John

I'm starting to think, after all my years of being severely punished for my honesty and forthrightness, that in all dealings with government, you should conduct yourself as if you were an elected office holder. Lie and evade. Never answer a direct question with a direct answer.

-John
Lying to the govt can be tricky. Evasion is reccomended.

UPDATE: Another interesting "twist" to it all, having nothing to do with the violation . . .

Surprise! Surprise! One morning I was awakened by some very bad pain and --- shortly thereafter, I found myself having open heart surgery to replace my ascending aorta and a bicuspid valve with a tricuspid valve.

Needless to say, that puts an immediate halt to an FAA Medical Certificate! However, there is a 6-month waiting perod and then you can jump through the hoops to get a medical. So, 6 months and 4 volumes of 1,200+ pages later, the FAA granted me a 1st Class Medical . . .

Now, trying to get back into the aviation market which - unless I want to go to India or China - may be tough . . . but I am seeking it out. The good news is that I knew how to do something else before flying, so I can make money that way --- and, that may be what I do for a while.
Good luck with your health and reestablishing an aviation career. But I'll ask the question. Why do you want to bring this up again so that it can be rehashed by a new set of people? :confused:

Hope the recovery goes well! That certainly helps put things into perspective.

Back