When 19 social media aviators team up for charity

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
What is the combined power of 19 pilots you know from Instagram and YouTube? That's what we are going to find out with this charity project, the largest aviation social media collaboration project to date. I started this fundraiser prior to Oshkosh, and quickly got buy-in from many other YouTubers and Instagramers, including some big names (see below).

By bidding on four posters which we'll put up for auction on eBay starting this Friday, you can support two fantastic charities:
  • The Hershel Woody Williams Medal of Honor Foundation which support Gold Star Families across the United States (http://hwwmohf.org)
  • Natalie Kelley’s flyGIRL Foundation, which provides scholarships to young women for flight training (https://flygirlllc.com)

Visit https://www.martin.aero/poster for details on the eBay auction, which goes live on Friday August 9, 2019. By bidding on one of the four posters, you can own a piece of aviation social media history, and - more importantly - help two great causes.

The 2019 Oshkosh Poster Project (#osh19poster) has the active support of Baron Pilot, Niko's Wings, Captain Joe, Premier1Driver, thesavytraveler, Natalie "flyGIRL" Kelley, Bryan Turner (justplanesilly), FLY8MA, 310 Pilot, Mindy Lindheim (schmiiindy), Deon Mitton, the Pilot to Pilot Podcast, daretoflyfashion, steveo1kinevo, JoshFlowers (Aviation101), Matt Guthmiller, David Lombardo (loaltitude), Swayne Martin, and Martin Pauly.

#airventure #airventure2019 #osh19poster #oshkosh

Also not seeing MzeroA......

Ted wins the Internet today.

They didn’t want to draw straws to see who was going to be the flight attendant. :)

And they didn’t want to have to go two pilot.

Good for the "Stars" who help lift interest in GA, remind us that GA is a blast, is a life long learning experience, and, they are now raising money for good causes.

My new favorite GA YouTube star is... **drum roll**... "Hal".

Hal is Trent Palmer's flying buddy who joined up with Trent and the Gang to fly from the far West to OSH. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, Hal's engine quit.

1) Hal successfully makes a dead stick landing - no biggie, no woe is me. Rather, he sports a big smile, feeling badly he is slowing the group down and insists they all get back up and on their way - only to be left alone in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

2) His pals leave him there and push on to OSH because they have show and party commitments, and, Hal's ok with it.

3) Hal's friend flies a replacement motor in later that day. Let's stop and analyze that one for a sec... I have friends too, but, I'd be lucky if they would deliver an anti-venom vial after a rattle snake bite within say...1-2 miles out of their way. Hal's friends drop everything and fly a motor hundreds of miles to the middle of nowhere desert location. That's pretty amazing.

4) Hal installs the new motor in the field, takes off and catches up with the YouTube stars for dinner a day later. How long does it take to get our planes out of the 100 hour check...???

5) When I went to OSH, I hung around the Ultra Light field and who did I see, none other than Hal. He wasn't signing autographs or selling T-shirts, he was giving a kid a ride in his airplane with a huge smile on his face.

Hal is obviously a truly great pilot, mechanic, true blue friend and great human being. When I grow up, I want to be like Hal.

Where was Flightchops?
All I want to say is a LOT more than 19 were contacted and invited to participate - whether they didn't see the invite or decided to turn it down, I don't know. I'm grateful for those who participated.

- Martin

Great activity on the auction! With less than 48 hours left to go, we have secured $6,750 so far.
Meaning there are some very generous people out there willing to support the two charities. Thank you!

If you want to make a bid, now is the time. If you know somebody who might, please spread the word.
All relevant information is at https://www.martin.aero/poster

- Martin

Auction Snapshot Saturday AM small.jpg

Back