whelen orion leds

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
what's the difference between the 600 and 650 models? Not the 650E, just the 600 and 650.

I'm baffled.

It appears the 600 footprint is more oval while the 650 is teardrop.

I have 650e, my mechanic said they are obnoxiously bright, personally I'm ok with that

Necro alert......

Does the Orion 650 have a rear facing, solid burning white light? The Whelen docs are pretty much worthless and on Youtube, the 600 videos have rear facing white (Not strobe, solid) and the 650 I saw only flash to the rear.

Looking at buying a set of one or the other prefer to get solid to the rear along with strobe.

Necro alert......

Does the Orion 650 have a rear facing, solid burning white light? The Whelen docs are pretty much worthless and on Youtube, the 600 videos have rear facing white (Not strobe, solid) and the 650 I saw only flash to the rear.

Looking at buying a set of one or the other prefer to get solid to the rear along with strobe.
I *think* they're rear flash only. I have an Orion 500 position/strobe on the tail and 650e's on the wings.

I'll stop by the airport omw home and tell you for sure.

344aa343681697864fb83cc62cb841d4.jpg

No white to the rear. Strobe does 180 degree flash but that's it.

The Es are a totally different unit and I don't have encApsulated tips so they winter work.

Thinking of going to the 600s. The 650s are a direct replacement for the A650 halogens, but rear white is worth the additional $200 I think

The Es are a totally different unit and I don't have encApsulated tips so they winter work.

Thinking of going to the 600s. The 650s are a direct replacement for the A650 halogens, but rear white is worth the additional $200 I think
Good. Because I have 650s, not Es. I lied.

Back