What's your Favorite Piston Airplane

Whatever I'm flying....mostly my 67 M20E :)

If money wasn't an option, I've always loved the Twin Commander. Any of the variants would be cool, but the 500S Shrike is awesome in my eyes.

Cheers,
Brian

I loved my Aerostar and think they fly and handle better than anything else ever made.

I've never flown in one, but it's always been my favorite from afar.

Of the airplanes I've flown, I'd take either of the AA-5 series. While we're dreaming, might as well make it a Tiger.

My favorite that I have ridden in is Tim's (TecProbTB) RV-10.
That is a really really nice machine.

Just so I'm clear... You're "MauleDriver" and own an RV-10, but want a v-tail Bo, but have a glider as your avatar picture...

I like your style :yesnod::yes:
Thank You

Photo%20Nov%2019%2C%205%2016%2057%20PM.jpg

Evening at the Strip

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Has to be the Bonanza, specifically the V-Tail. Plane has been in production since 1947, and the V-Tail,looks as sexy today as it did 65+ years ago.

Has to be the Bonanza, specifically the V-Tail. Plane has been in production since 1947, and the V-Tail,looks as sexy today as it did 65+ years ago.

Just a great airplane, all models. I remember max Karant mentioned that he bought his first one new in '49. It cost 9500.00

Personal opinion....best single piston is a Piper Mirage.

Best piston twin....would need to be pressurized ....and take your pick. I wouldn't take any.

Not a big fan of the Mirage either....Im a biased fan of turbine singles.

Love me some J-3 putting around....but if you want options with weather....without sucking O2...let's face it pressurized is the only way to go.

Just a great airplane, all models. I remember max Karant mentioned that he bought his first one new in '49. It cost 9500.00

Mine originally sold for $7500 to a refrigeration company in Michigan. The previous owner paid over $40k. With the avionics, I might get $30 if I'm lucky.

Still a very capable airplane that turns 87 octane MOGAS into 145 KTS (more if I ignore the prop RPM limitations). Lands on grass and is easy to handle in a gusty cross wind.

Back