What's wrong in this picture?

With everything wrong with this picture, I don't see this thing flying anytime soon.

That picture makes you wonder if there was ever anything built afterwards that was more complicated to operate than the B36?

The emergency exit plug(?) is not installed correctly. The section marked "forward" is facing starboard.

I don't think that's an escape hatch, it just doubles as one. I think that's the star finder for an AstroNav type unit, and it would likely rotate.

Yea I think you might have a winner there.

So, if we were to consider our youth to be the future of mankind and the budding astronauts of tomorrow, what is wrong with this picture?

kid06.jpg

Yea I think you might have a winner there.

So, if we were to consider our youth to be the future of mankind and the budding astronauts of tomorrow, what is wrong with this picture?

kid06.jpg

Should be using one of these:

uf-k960-14.jpg

Well you gotta have cooling fans in an AN-2 because even if you open the windows there's no breeze.

The seats could use a little more padding.

Why? :dunno: They don't sit in them but for a few minutes. I don't think it's even a half hour between re entry and touch down. :lol: Hell we spent all day in wooden seats in school.;)

The seats could use a little more padding.
Looks like they do have Velcro for lower and rear seat cushions.

The pressure suits and parachutes they wear during takeoff and landing seem to have enough built-in padding:

Attachments

• KSC-96EC-1025.jpg
    KSC-96EC-1025.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 4
Looks like they do have Velcro for lower and rear seat cushions.

The pressure suits and parachutes they wear during takeoff and landing seem to have enough built-in padding:

I wonder if they Velcro themselves into the seat in orbit?:lol:

Why? :dunno: They don't sit in them but for a few minutes. I don't think it's even a half hour between re entry and touch down. :lol: Hell we spent all day in wooden seats in school.;)

...and walk up hill both ways, to and from. :yesnod:

Back