What's this NOTAM mean?

jmaynard

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Maynard
Saw this while looking at NOTAMS for KFRM:

!FDC 8/5607 FRM FI/T FAIRMONT MUNI, FAIRMONT, MN. ILS OR LOC RWY 31, ORIG-C... COPTER ILS RWY 31, ORIG-A... S-ILS 31 MINIMUMS NA.

What's that mean, exactly? What might cause it?

For both of those approaches, you're not allowed to use the straight-in ILS approach minimums. That leaves you with only the LOC or CTL mins, unless there's another NOTAM about them, too. Could be a GS problem, could be a runway problem, could be a lot of things including construction on or near the runway.

Probably due to whatever is causing this...
!FRM 05/001 FRM NAV RWY 31 ILS GP UNUSBL BLW 1480

My guess is that the approach was flight checked recently, and some low-altitude anomalies were discovered.

Fly safe!

David

Fairmont, MN?? My home town...I didn't realize it still had a runway, let alone an instrument approach!!

Fairmont, MN?? My home town...I didn't realize it still had a runway, let alone an instrument approach!!
KFRM is a nice airport for this end of the country...two runways, one 5500 feet long, all kinds of instrument approaches, self-serve fuel (though not as cheap as some), and nice folks running the FBO. It's not uncommon to see midsize jets and King Airs in here, bringing people in to places as far away as Jackson (which doesn't have as long a runway or an ILS).

Now, if someone would just claim it for ConUS...

Don't want to turn this into a chat but I have to say, with all kidding aside, Fairmont was a nice place to grow-up. I have many fond memories of summers spent on the lakes and not so fond memories of the winters. Yes, FRM is a nice airport, I spent many hours as kid out there dreaming of the day when I could fly.

Not that often I run into someone who lives/lived there and couldn't resist poking a fun.

Back