What's the worst plane ever?

Eh those that were extracted from a hot spot would disagree, but I know you kid. Right V? ;)

No, if it were a true "hot spot" they'd call on Black Hawks. ;)

47s are alright...if you like big, ugly aircraft that rattle your fillings out when riding in one. :D

Honestly I was super excited to fly them both when I had the chance. Thinking back to the Tweet makes me smile, thinking back to the 38 makes me groan...

I worked tower and RAPCON at Columbus. Saw a Tweet RTB one day w/ 2 IPs who couldn't get the wheels down. FD foamed a patch on the runway, Tweet approaches and lands just beyond the foam strip. Guess they forgot about no gear drag. Wing CO & DO Cols watched from their staff cars alongside the runway. Imagine someone was buying that night!

Some surprising choices here... Archer? C182?? Cherokee 140?!?

Oh well, my pick is probably going to **** someone off too. Grumman AA-1. The particular example I flew was really overimproved, and therefore overweight. And it had marginal yaw stability. And as my CFI likes to put it, "a fake wing". Blech.

I flew one of those too, thought it was the weirdest flying airplane I'd ever been in. Kept looking for the right LSA as that was obviously not it.

I've flown 3 different Czech Sports, a 2009, 2012, 2016, and all three had a very different feel. The 2009 was very pitch sensitive, and required constant attention, the 2012 was improved, but a still a little squirrelly. and the elevator trim was difficult to get set properly, and the 2016 was the best behaved of all of them, but still a little bit pitchy.

If you want a Light Sport that runs on rails, Go to Shelbyville, TN and fly the Arian LS-1 Lightning. That is one Sierra Hotel aircraft. Be warned: The airframe is so slick it's hard to slow it down. You really need to know what you are doing when you land it. JMHO

Back