What's the scrap value of a Traumahawk?

If your comment is directed at my post, I think you mis-read it.

The guy said he wanted to fly it 900 hours and then sell it. I figured it would take him around 4.5 years to do it so I broke down the costs over 4.5 years and 900 hours.

:confused::confused::confused: From the OP:
My thought was to buy it with a fresh annual and fly it as hard as I possibly could for one year. Then at the next annual I would sell what I could and scrap the rest.

My thought was to buy it with a fresh annual and fly it as hard as I possibly could for one year. Then at the next annual I would sell what I could and scrap the rest. Obviously this only works if I can buy it for a VERY good price. It is a fairly nice looking airplane for a used up ex-trainer; my only concern is the engine making it another 900hrs or so. I for sure don't want to pay to put a new engine on a plane with 900hrs left to live.

I guess he is referring to the plane being 900 hours left to go on the wing life limit.

Yeah I just re-read that. Now i'm confused.

If he has the fuel money he can get in 300 flying quite frequently which can get him his IR (I did it with a single KX-170b and an ADF and so have others) and everything but the complex time for the commercial.

Back