What's the possibility of getting an SI on this

U

Unregistered

I posted this on another forum and was told that an SI would be required for class III. Although I asked the question, no one was able to indicate/share experiences about the likelihood of me getting an SI.

Here is what I posted: Physician's diagnosis is - mild form hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy with 10mm (hg) outflow gradient.

A murmur was detected during my annual physical (regular not AME) and my primary care physician suggested the echocardiogram. So the question is will I have to apply for a special issuance and what are my chances?

No medication or surgical procedures were recommended...just, lets check it out in a year. I am 60+ and take medication for hypertension which is under control

Thanks

Unreg, I returned to the AOPA board this PM as they have added moderation of Medical Matters ANON posts. Check in there....it's a moderately long post.

Best, Bruce Chien

Unreg, I returned to the AOPA board this PM as they have added moderation of Medical Matters ANON posts. Check in there....it's a moderately long post.

Best, Bruce Chien
Bruce, I'm glad they were able to put controls in place that made you willing to return!
(BTW, I enjoyed you and Tony in CFICast #6!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back