Whats the magic spell to get a room at OSH Hilton?

Don't know if Oshkosh has uber, but we've never had any problems getting around town. I had Oshkosh Taxi programmed into my phone and often the locals would just offer us a ride. One time one of the city buses that was going out of service took us direct to the restaurant we wanted to eat at since we were the only ones that didn't get off at the dorms.

Don't know if Oshkosh has uber, but we've never had any problems getting around town. I had Oshkosh Taxi programmed into my phone and often the locals would just offer us a ride. One time one of the city buses that was going out of service took us direct to the restaurant we wanted to eat at since we were the only ones that didn't get off at the dorms.

They do; we used it quite a bit last year. The event brings in drivers from neighboring towns, so availability has been pretty good. We parked in Vintage last year and were able to have them pickup/drop-off at the gate near where the Grumman amphibs park (near the Ultralight runway).

The university sold out a week or two ago.
Stayed there last year, for the first time, after 40 years if intermittent Osh visits.
Typical Dorms, but the food choices were not far away.

We stayed at the Hilton mid-winter once, many years ago. The place was totally empty, and they admitted that they lost money most of the year, but Oshkosh made up for it.

So just for fun, we asked about staying during OSH. It was a SEVEN night minimum, PREPAID, no-refunds for any reason. And it was about $300/night, back then.

We laughed. That's what known in my business as "an IQ test". :)

We usually stay the NIGHT after the show closes. It's back to being the sleepy little place with reasonable rates.

It's a crap shoot but you could try asking to get on the wait list. Keep your cell handy and don't miss the call. That worked well for me in the past but I love Osh and hate camping enough that it seemed worth it back when it was a bit cheaper. The last time I did it I was in for around $500 for one night after all taxes and fees. I wanted to kick my own ass when the credit card statement came.

Back