What's the first song that popped into your head today?

LandSickness

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
fri tale
Sorry, this thread is my lame excuse to share some Jethro Tull.
Look Into The Sun from the album "Stand Up". I'm transitioning from playing with my guitars to actually playing guitar and I woke up with this song in my head.

What was the first song on your mnd today and why?

Good day sunshine. I don't know why, it's just what was there as the blinds were opened up to see the sunrise.

Chet Atkins and Paul Yandell playing San Antonio Stroll. Best guitar duet ever.

Here's my number... so call me may-be!

I am forever haunted by that annoying chorus.

The wheels on the bus go round and round...... damned kids, get of my lawn...JK, I had "uncle duty" yesterday and last night so Mom and Dad could go to see Tim McGraw in concert. If I had $0.05 for every time I heard ..."go round and round" last night, I would have a large bag of nickles!

The wheels on the bus go round and round.
round and round.
round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
all through the town!
The people on the bus go up and down.
up and down.
up and down.
The people on the bus go up and down,
all through the town!.............................................

I've been humming "My Ol' Kentucky Home" since downing a few Mint Juleps yesterday watching the race (my wife says she could get into Bourbon if I'd always serve it that way).

Crazy Train... not so much popped into my head but blasted into it when I got my kid to the Hockey Rink....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJJ-1InCEk

One generation after WWII and a Japanese song was #1 on Billboard.

Haunting. And the end of his life was a real tragedy. On August 12, 1985, Kyu Sakamoto died in the crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123, the deadliest single-aircraft accident in history. He had time to write good-byes to his family.

American Woman.

Though it really didn't pop in my head because I was watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Celebration.

The Lincoln Marathon was held today. I pass out water ever year. At the watering station a DJ was playing music and that song got the crowds going.

Larry I was cruising around town on my bike towards the end and had no idea there was a marathon today until I saw all the cops directing traffic. Where were you? It's possible I drove right by you.

I was the red power ranger driving the red motorcycle.

Workaholics. CATHERINE ZETA JONES, SHE DIPS BENEATH LASERS...OH OOOH OOOOH. Goin on two days now

"Waltzing Matilda"

which got stuck in my head after a long convoluted sequence of events that started with the phrase "I will never find another you" and trying to find a video parody "I will never find another ewe."

(The sequence of events caused me to learn the meaning of the lyrics of Waltzing Matilda and that the musical group The Seekers is still around - this is their 50th anniversary. They started in 1963.)

In an attempt at mental transference, I may be able to get the tune out of my head by getting it into someone else's:

And your post lead me to "Tom Traubert's Blues" by Tom Wait, which ALWAYS leads me to Step Right Up.

"You got it buddy, the large print giveth and the small print taketh away..."

"Waltzing Matilda"

which got stuck in my head after a long convoluted sequence of events that started with the phrase "I will never find another you" and trying to find a video parody "I will never find another ewe."

(The sequence of events caused me to learn the meaning of the lyrics of Waltzing Matilda and that the musical group The Seekers is still around - this is their 50th anniversary. They started in 1963.)

In an attempt at mental transference, I may be able to get the tune out of my head by getting it into someone else's:

Didn't have one stuck in my head today, but I went to sleep last night with "The Night Chicago Died" on my brain.

Pretty terrible song really, but I sort of like it for some reason.

Elbows - The night will always win

Black Op2 fans should know it

I've been whistling Suicide is Painless all day.

Theme song to "The Jetsons."
While reading all the complaints about AOPA's private jet.

Back