What's the deal with the Philipines?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I had my logbook out yesterday. Then, because I didn't have anything better to do, I went through all the N-numbers in there so I could find out whatever happened to all the planes I've ever flown.

A couple have been sold and moved to different states (I knew that), a couple have been sold, but are still based locally (I new that, too). Then I saw that two, a 152 and a 172, were de-registered because they had been sold and moved to the Philippines. Both had different owners originally, so it wasn't like one guy owned them both and sold them as a package deal.

This happened within the last 2-3 years. Was there anything particular going on over there about that time? Or just coincidence?

I had my logbook out yesterday. Then, because I didn't have anything better to do, I went through all the N-numbers in there so I could find out whatever happened to all the planes I've ever flown.

A couple have been sold and moved to different states (I knew that), a couple have been sold, but are still based locally (I new that, too). Then I saw that two, a 152 and a 172, were de-registered because they had been sold and moved to the Philippines. Both had different owners originally, so it wasn't like one guy owned them both and sold them as a package deal.

This happened within the last 2-3 years. Was there anything particular going on over there about that time? Or just coincidence?

Probably someone openned a flight school, came to bbuy one, there was another for sale locally, you fit two planes in a container, makes sense to buy them both in the same locality.

They have general aviation too, as many other countries do.

They have general aviation too, as many other countries do.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence that two of my old planes ended up out there, about the same time.

But, I do think there's something to the conspiracy theories.

Back