What's the coolest airplane...

url]

Everyone in the crew got trained how to fly.
!

Photo is private we can't get in.

The one I fly every time I go to the airport - a Pitts S-2C. I've flown a number of fun airplanes including a DC-3, Super Cubs on floats, Grob 103A, Columbia 400, etc. But for pure "cool" a Pitts wins every time.

My repertoire is quite limited:

o Aeronca Champ
o Cessna 140
o Cessna 150
o Cessna 170
o Piper Archer
o Bell 47 Helicopter

On the list, although it's not an airplane, by FAR the coolest was the Bell 47

Doc

...you've ever flown?

Mine has got to be this one:

http://www.airlinerphotos.com/main.php/proplinerspecials/mats/mats6.jpg.html

I've got 0.2 hours logged, right seat time, in that 4-piston-engined beastie. Frank Lang, the 80-year old pilot, just kept saying "give 'er more rudder!" the whole time. Those triple tails are a LONG ways behind you in a Constellation!

You?

That would be a dream for me! I love to think about the glory days of the 1950s pressurized piston airliners. My mother often waxes nostalgic about it, too.

The coolest -I've- ever flown is a Zlin aerobatic. I actually did my IR in it! Whole new world there...

Flown for real...T-34 and T-6

I also flew a V-22 simulator which was pretty cool since I have zero rotorcraft time.

In memory of NC86196 (9/6/1946-7/11/2011) I'd first claim my Chief, my first and only plane of my own, but from a really cool status, probably the NATG SNJ-5 I flew a few years back.

?? I got an old pic of a B-52 using Firefox... Click on my pic below, that's flickr too, see if it works for you....

yep it works now, it didn't before I got an account.

Back