What's the best place to rent around Lorton VA?

Aviation Adventures at HEF or RMN are somewhat close

Another option at HEF is Dulles Aviation. Never used them before so I can't say if they're good or not..

There's a couple airports on the other side of the potomac but I don't know much about what they have for rentals

Looking to rent a 152 or 172 to take a kid up.

I'd recommend Aviation Adventures at KHEF, but it's going to run you $155/hr for a non-glass 172S and you'd need a checkout first. They're a well-run school that I've used, but it may not be what you're looking for to just take a kid up for a quick flight in a 152.

While I've never rented from them Dulles Aviation has always been good to me when I've gotten other services there. They certainly seem to have a good safety ethic. I used to rent from the other operations there but they all our under different management these days.

From Lorton, Stafford is only about six miles further away but is a direct shot down I-95 which may be a bit faster.

While I've never rented from them Dulles Aviation has always been good to me when I've gotten other services there. They certainly seem to have a good safety ethic. I used to rent from the other operations there but they all our under different management these days.

From Lorton, Stafford is only about six miles further away but is a direct shot down I-95 which may be a bit faster.

So far I have had to avoid 95 to make speed...:lol:

I-66 and the Prince William Parkway are no bargains either.

And, just outside the Washington adiz..

I haven't rented from Dulles, but I rent a hangar from them and have used their instructors (and other services). Good operation, good sized maintenance shop.

From Lorton, Manassas is quicker by road if you use the Clifton cut-through. I-95 is bad pretty much all the time, which makes Stafford much less attractive.

Let me know when you plan to be out there - depending on when it is, I'll try to meet up and put a face to the name.

Back