What's that smell??

Troy Whistman said:
Sometimes you just gotta grub!! Shall I bring some to Gastons?

http://www.whistman.com/blog/20060305.aspx
Troy, you must be some kind of superman, to do all you do, as well as you do it, and document it besides. Food looks exquisite.

By the way, that drawing is darned ambiguous as to which way the bend should be done. I wonder how many are out there flying having been bent 6 deg. one way, then 12 deg. the other?

There can be no doubt in my mind: when Troy's plane is built, it'll be safe!

SCCutler said:
Troy, you must be some kind of superman, to do all you do, as well as you do it, and document it besides. Food looks exquisite.

By the way, that drawing is darned ambiguous as to which way the bend should be done. I wonder how many are out there flying having been bent 6 deg. one way, then 12 deg. the other?

There can be no doubt in my mind: when Troy's plane is built, it'll be safe!

Thanks Spike! The bend is UP, towards the flanges. I should have noticed, but had family in the garage with me... distraction. Happens in cockpits too, if we're not careful. We miss the details.

Can't wait to go for that Bonanaza ride and get that DVD to you!

Troy, I get metal bent at the local HVAC (ventilation duct guy) shop, they are real nice about it - maybe you have one near you? Same with long straight cuts, nothing like a 48" shears.

Troy... I want to eat, I want to go flying, and I want to spin a wrench. It's 11:00 at night and I can't decide what to do!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Let'sgoflying! said:
Troy, I get metal bent at the local HVAC (ventilation duct guy) shop, they are real nice about it - maybe you have one near you? Same with long straight cuts, nothing like a 48" shears.

That's a good suggestion, Dave. In this case, the bends weren't bad.... it was the plans-reader-bender-guy (me) not looking carefully and bending the part the wrong way, and I probably would have told the guy at the HVAC shop to bend them the wrong direction, too!

Somebody else mentioned that there are probably flying RV-7's with parts bent one direction 6 degrees, then back 12, for a total of 18. I gave that idea a thought for about .004 seconds. I seem to recall that's how we used to break pop can tabs in half... don't want that in my horizontal stabilizer's spar.

Back