what's not in your flight bag?

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
There are a zillion threads on what's in your flight bag and what kind of survival gear to carry. What about the bin of airplane stuff that you keep in the baggage compartment?

Chocks, tiedowns, rags, pledge, oil, funnel, gats jar...?

chocks, tie-downs (straps and screws), pledge, paper towels, microfiber cloths, couple quarts of oil, paper funnels, sample cup, dip stick, "camping gear", multii-tip screw driver (Piper repair tool), and assorted other things...cowl plugs, pitot port cover, etc. Buncha crap that is sometimes handy to have.

chocks
oil
paper towels
funnels
cocaine
fuel sump
trash bags

Two words - "motion sickness"

I see you have flown with my wife before...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

vomit-smiley-024.gif

Duct tape
All tools required to change a tire plus extra couple tubes.
motor oil and funnel.
hydraulic oil for gear and hand pump for gear oil.
extra headset.
extra earpieces for halo headset.
heated gloves.
Oxygen bottles and cannulas.
logbooks.
paper towels.
Tow bar.

HAHA! That's weird. Auto correct put that in there.
I'm not that crazy

I meant to type heroin. Silly smart phones.

Does running drugs in a plane require a commercial certificate? Does the plane need 100 hour inspections?

I put the oil funnels in the trash bags so they don't roll around and get oil all over everything

My oil funnel lives either in an empty oil can that collects all of my drippings, or down inside an old (plastic) coffee can-- it holds the whole funnel set when clean.

When traveling, pull the dipstick out a few inches and pour the oil onto the dipstick, the oil will run right down it.

My oil funnel lives either in an empty oil can that collects all of my drippings, or down inside an old (plastic) coffee can-- it holds the whole funnel set when clean.

When traveling, pull the dipstick out a few inches and pour the oil onto the dipstick, the oil will run right down it.

I'll have to try that... So you don't carry a funnel while traveling?

Why do you carry around trash bags? :dunno:

Two words - "motion sickness"
I carry large green hefty bag in my nav bag for just that reason. You can pull it over a helmet, headset, whatever, just stick your whole head in and fire away. Then you can tie it off and use it again (preferably on the same flight). Never had cause to use it but I did "loan" it to another engineer during one particularly memorable flight. I was feeling generous so I let him keep it.

Aircrew etiquette tip: If you're going to bring your own bag *and fill it*, please make sure it's opaque.

Nauga,
who has never flown with Ralph.

Uhh, I don't use a flight bag...

For work I grab my headset and my ipad mini/note pad

For play, same deal.

Only time I fish my flight bag out would be for a epic cross country, as in at least the majority way across the country, or in a plane with suspect avionics or electrical.

HAHA! That's weird. Auto correct put that in there.
I'm not that crazy

I meant to type heroin. Silly smart phones.

I thought this was a thread for whats NOT in your flight bag???

Way too dangerous to leave it baggage compartment....trusting the auto pilot to reach back there is an accident waiting to happen!!!:goofy:

I thought this was a thread for whats NOT in your flight bag???

Way too dangerous to leave it baggage compartment....trusting the auto pilot to reach back there is an accident waiting to happen!!!:goofy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

look at that!
So this just screws onto the oil container?

do you have a link?

I get one with every case of Phillips 20W50. I have a handfull of them since I don't use them. Once the dipstick is out I can pour right into the fill tube.

In the back I have a trunk organizer against the tail closeout. I keep a pill dispenser with several different screws, a multi-tip driver and several sockets, a couple of allen wrenches, two types of pliers, rags, oil. I have the chocks behind the seat and I put the tow-bar there as well. I have a glove compartment full of air-sick bags and empty gatorade bottles in the seat back.

Back