What's in Albany?

Waste? WASTE???? He got to see Albany New Forking York fer crying out loud. You call that a WASTE?

:) Funniest post today. From the pics, my bet is that he got a ride in a Dawson's tow truck, and got to visit Menands, which could be a filming location for a mad max sequel.

Only 4 hours on the engine in the last 9 years but the owner reassured me that he fires the engine up for half hour or so once a month.

The paint and interior were absolutely beautiful and meticulous but I've decided not to mess with this one.

Only 4 hours on the engine in the last 9 years but the owner reassured me that he fires the engine up for half hour or so once a month.

The paint and interior were absolutely beautiful and meticulous but I've decided not to mess with this one.
Did you advise him if he does plan on selling it that that's not the best thing to say?

Not to steal 6PC's thunder but his Facebook post responding to that question was:
"It's out of annual, no ADSB and the seller is having second thoughts about selling" reportedly a total waste of a trip.

Thanks for sharing. That blows monkey chunks. :mad: The seller couldn't have disclosed all that before Bryan flew all the way out there? Cheeze-whiz....

MY EFFING RENTAL CAR JUST BROKE DOWN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!!

43 degrees and the temp gauge is nearly pegged? What the heck! Well, at least you didn't get mugged.

43 degrees and the temp gauge is nearly pegged? What the heck! Well, at least you didn't get mugged.

A sketchy looking guy with a funny accent and a broken down car looking to buy an airplane? He's lucky he didn't get picked up as a suspected drug trafficer.

I feel like a jerk for not offering to take a look at the plane in person, and save you the trip. I'm far from a genius, but I could have figured out the engine math problem.

Big time waste of a trip. Log books would have told that tale. I went to Albany for a job interview once, my magic CV. I don't think they even had a job for me, they just like date CV. Took the train there from DC, really pretty ride (though really bumpy too).

I hate traveling to look at airplanes. If it's a decent enough deal to warrant having a look at, you feel almost rushed and want to get there before someone else. I remember flying to Maine to look at a Luscombe. Upon landing there we discovered a non A&P had disassembled the airplane, painted it, and put it back together without a log book entry. You could see where some skins had been replaced with no entry in the logs. The spar AD was claimed to have been done but the wing tips were still riveted on meaning they only did part of the inspection, not the whole thing. Despite all this I was still willing to take it for a test flight to consider it. Luckily while finishing my inspection I pulled the rear interior bulkhead out only to discover the tail of the airplane was full of water. The lower skins had been replaced but no drain holes ever drilled (also not in the logs). The last two bulkheads contained about 5-8 gallons of water. That would have surely made for a bad flight in a taildragger.

Oh and it had an o-200 conversion with no approval other than an A&P.

Back