What's good in Tulsa?

I go to Tulsa every January for a week. Never had a bad time, the locals are great. I look forward to the trip as it's the best dirt track racing ever, even if a ice storm is going on outside.

They have an underground tunnel tour downtown at 930 or so if you care to see the architecture and at deco remnants. I believe it starts at Topeca coffee and runs under some of the prominent downtown buildings.

I go to Tulsa every January for a week. Never had a bad time, the locals are great. I look forward to the trip as it's the best dirt track racing ever, even if a ice storm is going on outside.

The Chili Bowl is something every racing fan should experience. But I'm always impressed how ice storms blow through the second week of January every year. :D

The Chili Bowl is something every racing fan should experience. But I'm always impressed how ice storms blow through the second week of January every year. :D
That's where the big gold dude is, right? I didn't know I saw him until I blew up one of the photos I took.

Yep. The Golden Driller. The Expo Center is something like nine acres under the roof, enough room for 250 race cars, their trailers, and a 1/4 mile track with 16,000 seats. It's a blast, five days of racing indoors.

We saw that and then went here:

http://tulsagardencenter.com/lgc/

d21763ac189c0ed275e0425696d42f3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Chili Bowl is a great venue, but it's getting so big that they can't hold all of the competitors racing rigs inside anymore! Definitely a good show, and I got to watch Slammin' Sammy Swindell run his last Chili Bowl this year.

Since I see a few here know what the Chili Bowl is I will start a post in January in hopes to meet anyone from the forums that might be at the Chili Bowl.

Definitely a good choice, I frequently forget about it being there, as well as the Rose Garden which was recently reconstructed in the last few years. Hope you had a good time in T-town.

I think everyone was happy with the trip which made it a good thing!
a35f75073043e0e4a764279e7026b93c.jpg

My wife even did 90% of the flight home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back