What's another 4-5 months off...

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I went up again last night - first time since last fall.

We stayed in the pattern and I had 6 really nice landings - 3 night ones. Now that my travel sched has calmed down a little bit for the next few months (currently no travels planned in April and only one long wkd away in March) I should make a lot more progress again. not to mention I can preflight in daylight now if I go after work.

The only small hitch may be that my current CFI is heading to Italy in late April for 10 days (and then I am taking my Mom there the last half of May) but hopefully my prior CFI will be around those 10 days.

He just retired from a 23 year career - was paid very well - he owns his own Diamond Star which he bought brand new 3 yrs ago. nice plane - he's thinking of selling it soon too. mua hahahaha.

Back in the day he was a Navy fighter pilot. I am pretty sure he didn't retire from govt service before his current career though.

He just retired from a 23 year career - was paid very well - he owns his own Diamond Star which he bought brand new 3 yrs ago. nice plane - he's thinking of selling it soon too. mua hahahaha.

Hmmm, you thinking of buying it? :yes:

Thinking, thinking. Still not sure if I want to get in that deep just yet. I did find out the massive tax bennies that a plane buyer had, recently expired (2005 tax year). I need a big big tax shelter and I was holding out hope that would be one. Now it appears the big bennies are gone which means a leaseback isn't a great deal anymore which means if I buy a plane, I'm doing it solely for myself and the tax bennies are meaningless now. bummer!

Why, you almost sound republican with that last post. :)

Back