What's all this white crap?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I wake up this morning to see SNOW!!! on the ground here. Earliest in the year I can ever remember getting snow in Grand Rapids. Global warming indeed!

We here in Albuquerque got snow about 3 weeks ago. It didn't stick, but it fell, and it sucked.

Welcome to the club, Ed :D

Yeah, but I'm not at 5,000+ feet.

I was going to say "Sand. Isn't it rough the way it gets into everything?" but then I saw your Tigers insignia avatar...

:)

N2212R said:
I wake up this morning to see SNOW!!! on the ground here. Earliest in the year I can ever remember getting snow in Grand Rapids. Global warming indeed!

Global warming is causing the instability that is making it colder. :rolleyes:

N2212R said:

A couple of flakes here. I mean snow BTW not other pilots :D

Almost a record cold of 30 degrees. High today 40. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING LIVING HERE??

ANYONE!!

It's getting cold as **** and has been snowing on and off since yesterday. I need to move.

More than just a few flakes here. The grass is barely visible.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KAZO [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]121331Z 29009G16KT 1/4SM +SN FG FEW003 SCT007 OVC012 00/M02 A2964 [/FONT]

This is about the time every year when i love to show our weather, while the rest of you are busy digging out the snow blowers.

hiiwx.jpg

I SWEAR when as I was reading this post I was gonna make a post that said " THIS SPOT RESERVED FOR MICHAEL DRIGGS TO GLOAT" LOL

Here is a pic form my office. Not a lot of snow but snow nonetheless.

Sorry for the low quality, it is from my phone.

Last edited:
Michael said:
This is about the time every year when i love to show our weather, while the rest of you are busy digging out the snow blowers.

hiiwx.jpg

Yeah, post when its 120F in the shade and people have to order huge ice chunks to be delivered so they can use their pool in the summer. :)

Trace snow last weekend. Pikes Peak got hit good about 2 weeks ago.
Tuesday morning: Grass was covered in COS and the DEN SW foothills Tuesday was getting snowed on down to about 6500MSL.

Not snow however I got up this morning and it's fog everywhere - visibility ≈250ft. It's bad. There's even a bird walking this morning.

Well, we're gettin it here but it's not going to stick....The tomatoes are DEAD.

We were on a conference call last week with a client near Minneapolis discussing an upcoming over the road railcar test, specifically the schedule. It was originally set for July, then September. Now they have told us that due to the request of their biggest potential buyer of this new railcar design being CN Rail in Canada, the tests will occur during the COLDEST oart of the year ro determine the performance during sub-zero weather. OOOOOBOYYYY:hairraise:

Ed did you get up to 6Y9 to close her up? Remove the cones and file the NOTAM?

Be nice if the AFD actually listed it as open before the NOTAMed it closed till spring.

I heard 20-30 inches of snow this weekend up there. The AF/D should list it as closed Nov - April.

N2212R said:
I heard 20-30 inches of snow this weekend up there. The AF/D should list it as closed Nov - April.

Yow, that's a lot of snow in October. Do the trees still have leaves? The last big October snow storm we had in these parts took about 30% of the trees in the city down. They still had quite a few leaves and the snow was wet and sticky. Not a good combination.

We complain about the rain in this part of the country, but it has the distinct advantage that you don't have to shovel it!

Its made its way into western NY --- soon enough we will have it here in the northeast!

But I love the snow!

hey it helps the performance of the mighty 150!

Michael said:

hiiwx.jpg

I'm on my way! See ya in a few hours.:D

Was at a little EAA fly-in today about an hour from home.

The only white stuff was the grits for breakfast.

Attachments

• P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    644.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    665.6 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Greg's paint scheme is also different.

lancefisher said:
Looks a lot like it, but it's registered to a Sam Jones from Texas.

Also, Greg's says "190" on the side as that's what it was until he put the big Jake on the front.

I moved here to PDX where we had a few 40 degree nights already but the roses are still blooming. Despite enjoying that, I was still ready for snow to fall before or on Halloween, funny what almost ten years of living in northeast North Dakota can do. I am actually going to miss winter, especially flying in that clear, clear clear cold air that's smooth as glass where my Skyhawk carrying "two big guys" (as I refer to myself and my old instructor) would leap off the runway as if it had jet assisted lift.

I was telling my new instructor how we got so used to pushing airplanes over ice and through snow and taxiing/takeoff/landing on or in between the white stuff that when the airport surfaces finally defrosted it seemed weird to actually see the markings, LOL!!

terry

Back