For Sale What's a Stratus 2 worth?

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I've carried my Stratus 2 for several years (right after they came out...can't remember when.) Use it at least once every week or so during thunderstorm season. It's in excellent condition and battery lasts longer than any of my flight days, either general aviation or 121.

I'm considering upgrading to the Stratus 3, but curious what a 2 is worth? All offers will be seriously considered.

Loren

I have a Stratus 2s, I don't see any reason to upgrade to a Stratus 3...

Not much... $200 at most. Prolly less.

Any accessories?

Any accessories?

Just the rubber dash mount. I charge it off the multi-port charger I use to charge my iPhone, iPad and Surface. I can't remember if it came with a charger and if it did, where it might be, but I've got tons of chargers lying around so could throw one in with a cable. I've never needed the external antenna. I've always gotten great reception on the dash, with a light colored towel thrown over it to protect it from the sun.

Why would you want to consider upgrading to the 3, if I may ask?

What new features do you need?

If you use ForeFlight you might look into their new Sentry. Has all the stratus stuff plus, a carbon monoxide detector, 12 (instead of 8) hour battery and it’s $200 less than stratus. Drawback... it only works with ForeFlight, and does not have the Option of external antenna for a permanent mounting in the plane...

If you are only flying one plane, and it’s Garmin quipped, hard to wrong with a FlightStream for not much more and a huge leap in functionality. I love my FS210.

Why would you want to consider upgrading to the 3, if I may ask?

What new features do you need?

The biggest reason for me is I use it in 121 flying and the ability to secure and hide the wifi is the biggest feature benefit. That's a complete non-issue in private flying. Feature-wise, there's not any difference that I can see.

If you are only flying one plane, and it’s Garmin quipped, hard to wrong with a FlightStream for not much more and a huge leap in functionality. I love my FS210.

I don't own any of the CRJs I fly! :)

Time to get with the program Honest, i figured you would own a couple by now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back