What would your last flight be?

My last flight would be to ferry my plane to the person who is going to pay me an outrageously large and unreasonable amount of money for it.:D
Bill

I don't even like to think about this, but I know the day will come. I think I would like to make my last flight, a trip from 7S9 Lenhardts to S49 Vale, Or. The trip takes me down the beautiful Columbia River Gorge over flies Condon, Monument, Long Creek, John Day, and Unity. Other features are the John Day River canyon, Strawberry Mnt. Ironside Mnt. and old hunting areas of Clover Creek and Laurances old Cow camp. I don't know how many times I have made this trip in the last 25 years. But if I had to pick one this 279 mile one would be my favorite.

Well I'd have to start in my frontyard with a STOL Amphib at BFI and then head out over the sound and do some splash & goes then over the Olympics and down to the beach sand for a while. Then up the Pacific Coast to BC for some more beach landings and then on up to Alaska for some river bars, beach and glaciers' landings. Then on over the Pacific to redo flights of Hawahii's canyons & seacliffs and splashdown on a few lee shores before circling each and every volcanoe's crater and then its island's shoreline. Then on to the South Afrikan plains, its lakes and rivers and then if the plane had a good heater, maybe to Antarctica (optional) across the oceans and back to the South West USA's Grand Canyon, up through the Rockies to Idaho for some rivers, lakes and backcountry strips and then back over the Cascades to Lake Chelan & Lake Issabelle and then back to BFI.

Yeah, that might do it.

Back