What would you want to see at your local EAA chapter's meetings?

I actually have enjoyed the Young Eagles event the most so far, and a couple of fly-ins (outs actually).

But as one possible idea, maybe invest in a weather book, like the new one advertised (by Scott from weatherspork I think?) Share, then discuss some of the information among members. I'm always down to learn more about the weather.

At two different clubs I heard the statement "Young eagles, that's what EAA is all about!" And the spent 90% of the meeting planning young eagle events.

EAA is about Experimental Aircraft. But most meteting have practically nothing to do with that topic.

Last edited:
At two different clubs I heard the statement "Young eagles, that's what EAA is all about!" And the spent 90% of the meeting planning young eagle events.

EAA is about Experimental Aircraft. But most meteting have practically nothing to do with that topic.

Have you ever been to Air Venture and seen the numbers of non Experimental aircraft that show up there? If young folks are not included and hooked on aviation, General Aviation will die.

I, too, am a member of the Golden Age EAA chapter (altho I'm close to that age) I find the meetings boring since I have no interest on building an airplane. However, I'm incredibly active in our Young Eagle activities, not only flying but I also teach the 2 hr ground school we offer the evening before we fly. I've been to 3 of the meetings - I was the presenter at one of them (2 yrs ago), demonstrating the Stratux and showing how to put it together.

One of the other 2 meetings I attended, the speaker was one of our members who spent 12 months in a NASA isolation project with 5 others, to evaluate how people can function on Mars. As he described it "the worst Hawaiian vacation ever". Note: These studies are conducted every 18-24 months if anyone is interested in participating. (*evil laugh*)

Back