What would you do for a $50 iBook?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Econ 101: Supply and demand. Demand/Price curve. I think we know that demand goes REALLY high for laptops at $50.

RICHMOND, Va. - A rush to purchase $50 used laptops turned into a violent stampede Tuesday, with people getting thrown to the pavement, beaten with a folding chair and nearly driven over. One woman went so far to wet herself rather than surrender her place in line.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8973616/
:hairraise:

Sold to/for the community. R-I-G-H-T. Gonna be a lot of iBooks for sale on eBay with shipping from VA.

at a racetrack? need we say more? ;)

why would someone bring a baby to this.

computers, the opiate of the masses.

This surprises you because?????

mikea said:
Econ 101: Supply and demand. Demand/Price curve. I think we know that demand goes REALLY high for laptops at $50.

Right idea. Wrong class.

This is Econ 102: Greed me-me-me-me-me mode.

I won't go into a store that has a one hour only sale anymore. Two years ago I watched a guy get sucker punched at compusa for 50% off on a $60-70 hard drive because it was the last one left. The guy that got clobbered had a headstart on the other guy by several minutes - wasn't even close and no running involved.

Y'all are no fun.... :)

Didn't you ever want to go to one of Filene's famous basement sales??? :hairraise:

fgcason said:
This surprises you because?????

Right idea. Wrong class.

This is Econ 102: Greed me-me-me-me-me mode.

I won't go into a store that has a one hour only sale anymore. Two years ago I watched a guy get sucker punched at compusa for 50% off on a $60-70 hard drive because it was the last one left. The guy that got clobbered had a headstart on the other guy by several minutes - wasn't even close and no running involved.

was the guy arrested? did he sue?

this was over 30 bucks? wow.

woodstock said:
was the guy arrested? did he sue?

No clue. I just carefully put the (regular price) case fan I was about to buy on the nearest shelf and quickly made my way to the exit. No point in being a target if I didn't have to just because I was going to buy something.

woodstock said:
this was over 30 bucks? wow.

About that according to the sticker on the shelf. Nothing despicable surprises me anymore.

Speaking of which, xmas is just around the corner (stuff is already on the shelves here already). All stores excluding gas station, grocery store, auto parts store and no way around it stuff (only go then during weird hours) are banned from Mid Oct to Feb1 for me. Crowds and insanity, yetch. Holidays are the fastest way there is to lose my business...

fgcason said:
Speaking of which, xmas is just around the corner (stuff is already on the shelves here already). All stores excluding gas station, grocery store, auto parts store and no way around it stuff (only go then during weird hours) are banned from Mid Oct to Feb1 for me. Crowds and insanity, yetch. Holidays are the fastest way there is to lose my business...
I do as much of my shopping online as possible these days. I'd rather pay a little extra to UPS or FedEx than deal with malls during the xmas chaos. typically you can get a little better price online, too, which lessens the impact of the shipping charges. Yeah, it irks me when I have to pay $10 to ship a $7 gag gift, but when it comes to money my wife and I have adopted a slogan from a short-lived commercial: "crunch all you want; we'll make more."

Ken Ibold said:
I do as much of my shopping online as possible these days. I'd rather pay a little extra to UPS or FedEx than deal with malls during the xmas chaos. typically you can get a little better price online, too, which lessens the impact of the shipping charges. Yeah, it irks me when I have to pay $10 to ship a $7 gag gift, but when it comes to money my wife and I have adopted a slogan from a short-lived commercial: "crunch all you want; we'll make more."

I agree Ken - online!

I also hate to pay $5 for shipping - but then I remember it cost me $8 now to drive the 24 miles one way to get to the store to buy it.
Damn oil companies.....
EB
________
Website Design

Last edited:
Back