What would you buy: $57k edition

really, i like it
piperturbodakota-400x400.jpg

what you'd have is an empty wallet and bank account! I'll let someone like you fix it up and buy it 60 cents or less on your dollar!
That's not what Greg Did.

what you'd have is an empty wallet and bank account! I'll let someone like you fix it up and buy it 60 cents or less on your dollar!
what you are saying, is when I buy project and buy all new parts to restore it and all the man hours of work are worth nothing, no wonder with your attitude the industry is on its a$$.
Once again the I say the only thing in aviation that is cheap, is owners/buyers.

Saying financially bad idea, if you enjoy doing that fine, but check out the listings, the really nice decked out airplanes have more in them then they can get out of them, by a long shot. Then you get the other end, they buy cheap needing everything,. no good either!

ownership of airplanes is not cheap, but if you use your head you can cut in down by half or more. Just read first annual $17,000 on a maybe $50,000 airplane. Not a good deal.

That is why a pre sale is so important, offer x amount of dollars contingent on an acceptable pre sale inspection (you pay for that). worth every penny!

just look at a nice stack of radios and call an avionics shop, see how much to install the same radios, it will shock you.

or just aileron pushrods 8 inches long on my 210 $700 each 10 years ago, fuel pump $1,500 10 years ago. it adds up quick!

the again it also depends on what project, buy a stearman project have $60,000 in a $100,000 airplane, great, but buy a stinson 108 (great airplane don't get me wrong) and have $50,000 in a $35,000 airplane.

Why not just buy a stinson 108 someone else put $50,000 into for $35,000? And the $50,000 didn't include labor.

Last edited:
Back