What will the TSA do about this?

What about once they realize that you can pack a large amount of explosives in your body cavity.

Didn't that acutally happen last year? I thought there was an assasination attempt on a member of the Saudi royal family. The bomber had explosives in his "body cavity", wired to a cell phone.

The result: It took more explosives that they thought, because of the body mass of the bomber that surrounded the bomb. Other than needing to be hosed off, I don't think anyone else was hurt.

Large busted women beware!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123758

What about once they realize that you can pack a large amount of explosives in your body cavity. Security checkpoints are going to get interesting.

Well, since you can't make PETN go boom without a detonator, the det cord or NONEL sticking out of the suspect boob would make detection pretty easy...

Trapper John

Well, since you can't make PETN go boom without a detonator, the det cord or NONEL sticking out of the suspect boob would make detection pretty easy...

Trapper John

They also talked a bit about other places, like common places for diabetics to give themselves insulin shots...maybe inject yourself with something other than insulin that could set up a detonator...

They also talked a bit about other places, like common places for diabetics to give themselves insulin shots...maybe inject yourself with something other than insulin that could set up a detonator...

Doesn't matter where in the body you hide it, you still have to detonate it. And it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to fabricate an implantable detonator that wouldn't be picked up by a metal detector.

Farah is a birther nutjob. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Trapper John

Doesn't matter where in the body you hide it, you still have to detonate it. And it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to fabricate an implantable detonator that wouldn't be picked up by a metal detector.

And something being picked up by a metal detector will be found out by the TSA boobs how ?

The bomber will just say 'I have a pacemaker' and bypass the metal detector. Then a 'female assist at 2' will wand everything but the chest area with one of those Garret things. After a politically correct TSA patdown, the boob-bomber will go her merry way to martyrdom.

I received a 'random' planeside screening by TSA this week. Of course, the politically correct pat-down completely omitted the area where the ass-bomber hid his explosives.

The body-cavity or implanted bomb scenario is real, nut-job blogger nonwithstanding.

(now if you really want to get a good amount of explosive on board, you implant a saline spacer used for burn-treatment in the abdominal wall and stretch the skin over a couple of weeks/months to accomodate 10-15lbs of explosives. Add some traditional middle-eastern female clothing and a shy 'I'm pregnant' and there is absolutely nothing our current screening methods will do to pick this up. Microwave and backscatter scanners only pick up stuff on the body surface but below clothing, unless we use the south-african whole-body transmission x-ray system (lodox), anything implanted remains hidden.)

(now if you really want to get a good amount of explosive on board, you implant a saline spacer used for burn-treatment in the abdominal wall and stretch the skin over a couple of weeks/months to accomodate 10-15lbs of explosives. Add some traditional middle-eastern female clothing and a shy 'I'm pregnant' and there is absolutely nothing our current screening methods will do to pick this up. Microwave and backscatter scanners only pick up stuff on the body surface but below clothing, unless we use the south-african whole-body transmission x-ray system (lodox), anything implanted remains hidden.)

If you REALLY want to get a good ammount of explosive on board, you load a few hundred pounds into your catering truck and back it up to the aircraft...

Or you have one of the aircraft cleaners bring it on board instead of bringing his girlfriend (the surprising thing is that guy got caught).

If you REALLY want to get a good ammount of explosive on board, you load a few hundred pounds into your catering truck and back it up to the aircraft...

Or you have one of the aircraft cleaners bring it on board instead of bringing his girlfriend (the surprising thing is that guy got caught).

Oh, you are such a sourpuss. Don't you know those people have undergone extensive background checks by their employer :nono: (or the subcontractor hired by the caterer, or the staffing company hired by the subcontractor hired by the caterer, or the company subcontracted by the staffing company hired by the subcontractor to the caterer)

Think about it. You'd have to contain the explosive in something that not only keeps the explosive from leaking and doing bad things to the bomber's innards, but is also sterile enough to prevent an infection from debilitating or killing the bomber from the date of surgery, through the recovery period, to the "mission" date. And to sterilize PETN in something like a breast implant shell, you're not going to put it in an autoclave, you'll need something low-temperature like an ETO sterilizer, which you're probably not going to find at the local bazaar. Then, you're counting on multiple failures in screening to get on the plane. Then the bomb has to actually work.

I just don't buy this as a significant threat, sorry. But it keeps the WND and Fox Nation faithful wringing their hands, which was Farah's goal all along...

Trapper John

Think about it. You'd have to contain the explosive in something that not only keeps the explosive from leaking and doing bad things to the bomber's innards, but is also sterile enough to prevent an infection from debilitating or killing the bomber from the date of surgery, through the recovery period, to the "mission" date. And to sterilize PETN in something like a breast implant shell, you're not going to put it in an autoclave, you'll need something low-temperature like an ETO sterilizer, which you're probably not going to find at the local bazaar.

Yes, I thought about this.

None of this is a technical, medical or supply problem.

- You can use any type of plastic explosive for this bomb, no need to go with PETN.
- Your implant doesn't have to survive decades like a regular surgical implant, it has to survive weeks. You could wrap the thing in teflon foil and seal it with a household vacuum bagger and it would be fine.
- I could probably find an ETO tabletop sterilizer in about 3 days. This is not a regulated export article, you ship it to 'Al Jihad Medical Clinic Lotsofvowealbad, Pakyrgistan' and nobody will bat an eye.

Then, you're counting on multiple failures in screening to get on the plane.

The current screening process doesn't screen for this kind of bomb. Pretty easy to count on that part.

Then the bomb has to actually work.

The ass-bomber was a dilletante whose handlers where dilletantes. Next go-around, we may not be that lucky.

Do you honestly think that the people who manage to kill US service men in armored vehicles using remotely detonated roadside bombs every week wouldn't be able to rig up something in the form-factor of a cellphone to transmit a signal through 1in of skin ?

I just don't buy this as a significant threat, sorry.

Odds are probably low, I don't loose much sleep over it either.

Last edited:
Back