What was he thinking?

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2008-12-04/man_pleads_to_shining_light_on_navy_planes

A Jacksonville man faces 20 years in prison and a hefty fine after pleading guilty to shining a powerful spotlight on Navy planes practicing night landings at Whitehouse Field on the Westside.
Henry J. Gros, 56, pleaded guilty to interference with military air navigation by using a 15 million candlepower spotlight to temporarily blind pilots as they were landing, according to federal prosecutors.

I wouldn't have had any problem seeing this guy charged with attempted murder instead

I had a guy do that to me just a few weeks ago. I had just taken off form Sheboygan at night and he shined it up at me. Lite up the hole inside but I did not look down and instead just got the gauges.

What it is with these idiots?

That's when you turn your plane around and fly right at the guy. With it being night, and as small as your numbers are on your plane, pretty sure you aren't getting reported. Put some LEDs that flash like gunfire for the full effect.

That's when you turn your plane around and fly right at the guy. With it being night, and as small as your numbers are on your plane, pretty sure you aren't getting reported. Put some LEDs that flash like gunfire for the full effect.
And I have those three nice landing lights too!!! But the SO was with me and she would not have approved! :nono:

I thought of the same thing.

A Boom Beam would do it.

You just know da goof would go right to the phone and call 911 and say he was buzzed and he wasn't doing a thing. He was just quietly having a beer on the front porch in 15 degrees F.

Last edited:
I hope they put that light in his cell and shine it in his face every night for the duration of his term . :smile:

I had that happen a couple years ago on final for runway 32 at KMSN. I circled once to figure out what street the guy was on, landed, and had a nice chat with the Sheriff's deputy stationed at the airport. Dunno if they got him or not. :dunno:

I had that happen a couple years ago on final for runway 32 at KMSN. I circled once to figure out what street the guy was on, landed, and had a nice chat with the Sheriff's deputy stationed at the airport. Dunno if they got him or not. :dunno:

Yeah, landing on 35, 26R or L at GRR, if that happened I could probably figure out not only the street but which house it was, and have a talk with them myself.

Back