AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

INFJ
Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(12%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

We're only one letter off. INTJ here.

ESTJ
Extrovert 67%, Sensing 25%, Thinking 75%, Judging 78%

I've taken these tests several times over the years and I come up on the borderline between E and I but the rest of the indicators are pretty strong for NTP.

Introvert(33%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(50%) Perceiving(33%)

I guess I'm really on the borderline with sensing/intuition.

ISTJ

Shouldn't we be posting these responses in some sort of order by type? :wink2:

Now that you have a bunch of letters allegedly describing your personality, what will you do with them?

ENTJ. Sometimes crossing over to INTJ, bit it's situational.

Those playing along should note that the real Meyers-Briggs is much much longer (and tedious) than these online versions, and will often come out different. They're also expensive, and usually employers that like using them will pay big bucks to get the rel one, as well as a couple of others that are more accurate about work interactions.

Usually, because of cost, reserved for leadership types. Then they'll come back from their "enlightening retreat" and cheap out on the staff and do these little ones like at this website. Heh.

Generally Meyers-Briggs is getting long in the tooth and some flaws have been found with it, but it's useful as a wake-up call to introverts who don't notice others behave differently. The extroverts already know and are watching you hide in your cubical and think you're anti-social. Hahaha.

My personal situational triggers are large projects. I turn into an extrovert, want quiet, and want you to leave me the hell alone while I'm hyper-focused on the project. Then I'll come up for air and be an extrovert for a while and come ask how your day is going.

Often the only way to get the peace and quiet necessary in cube farms and crappy office layouts is to be a night owl or ridiculously early riser. Especially in operational job roles where someone always thinks their little problem is the most important one facing the operational engineering staff.

These types of things used to be handled by a really simple human device that is all but gone from the modern workplace, a door. Close it, work on something difficult for a while uninterrupted, open it.

We have a number of software defelopers who wear headphones all day because the company is too stupid to give them a closed work area.

My first employer mandated that we subject ourselves to one of these. I told them I'd be waived from the requirement or they could consider it my 2 week notice. I got waived, actually our entire department did. That should have told them enough about my personality.

I found one potential answer to those questions glaringly missing. I'm definitely not a fence straddler, but many of the questions could have been answered with "it depends". Situations vary, and the questions made no allowance for that.

(I or E)NTJ

I or E depending on the test I took, so not far from center there. The NTJ is is strong.

ENTJ
Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(1%) Judging(33%)

Sounds about right, not much of a thinker. ;)

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

INFJ
Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(12%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

ISTJ today. I've taken one of these in the long ago past, but don't remember what I had then. Seems there may have been an N. Looks like with just a couple exceptions, T is very prevalent here.

Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(38%) Judging(22%)

• You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Also interesting:

Which types make what money?

http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/...much-money-people-with-your-personality-make/

Last edited:
I 67%
S 1%
T 62%
J 56%

.....on question #21 (you know how to put every minute of your time to good purpose?), I'm thinking if that was true I wouldn't be sitting here answering these questions :rolleyes:

ENTJ
Extravert(22%)**iNtuitive(38%)**Thinking(75%)**Judging(44%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

I've taken this in various forums including day's long tests. The results are remarkably consistent.

Seems like the vast majority here are xxxJ, I wonder why that is?

Too bad this wasn't set up as a poll so we could see the results all together. Of course that would need 16 choices.

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(62%) Judging(56%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

INTJ

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(75%) Judging(78%)

• You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

We have enough INTJs here to ruthlessly take over the forums.

What makes you think we're not planning it? INTJ's don't go off half-cocked, we're quiet planners but ruthlessly effective once we set our minds to something.

Hmm.. the majority of people "talking" to each other on an internet forum are introverts. Who woulda thunk?

Another INTJ

Hmm.. the majority of people "talking" to each other on an internet forum are introverts. Who woulda thunk?

Another INTJ
I believe that's because the definitions of "introvert" and "extrovert" for the purposes of psychology are somewhat different than the way people generally use the words.

Extraversion and Introversion as terms used by C. G. Jung explain different attitudes people use to direct their energy. These words have a meaning in psychology that is different from the way they are used in everyday language.

Everyone spends some time extraverting and some time introverting. Don’t confuse Introversion with shyness or reclusiveness. They are not related.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/extraversion-or-introversion.asp

Another INTJ.

I found the typing useful in my organization, because it cue'd me to expect differences when I was talking to a "P", for instance.

Things I remember from the debrief after testing:

E or I may not reflect how a person behaves with others. It's more an indicator of whether working with others charges up a person's battery (E) or drains it (I).

P vs J... A "P" is uncomfortable about making decisions until all possible information is known. A "J" is uncomfortable until a decision is made. I am a STRONG J and worked for a P. Drove me nuts before the testing and explanation. Drove me a little less nuts after.

Another INTJ.

I found the typing useful in my organization, because it cue'd me to expect differences when I was talking to a "P", for instance.

Things I remember from the debrief after testing:

E or I may not reflect how a person behaves with others. It's more an indicator of whether working with others charges up a person's battery (E) or drains it (I).

P vs J... A "P" is uncomfortable about making decisions until all possible information is known. A "J" is uncomfortable until a decision is made. I am a STRONG J and worked for a P. Drove me nuts before the testing and explanation. Drove me a little less nuts after.

One place I worked, they had little labels on office/cubicle entrances with the MBTI letters, so when you went in, you had an idea of what you were dealing with, along with that type of education about what it all meant.

So, an "E" would come to see me, and knew to keep it brief and simple, with documentation to follow up that I could read in peace, while if I was going to present something to an E, I knew that I needed to present the information in a more interactive way.

Back