What to do when the W&B says no golf clubs...

One of their examples is a bicycle shipped by air at a cost of $190, plus a 5% fuel charge. It would have to be an expensive bike to justify the cost. I think I could come out ahead by buying a throw-away bicycle for less at my destination, then trashing it before my return trip. Golf clubs are somewhat less expensive to ship.

Gary Sortor said:
I think I could come out ahead by buying a throw-away bicycle for less at my destination, then trashing it before my return trip.
That's what we have started doing at OSH. Last year we bought two used bikes at OSH for $10, rode them to the showers, the gate, the store, etc. and actually gave them away right before we left. We buy chairs when we get there, too, and somebody gets free chairs when we leave. Can't get much stuff in the Citabria, especially when you have camping supplies and live out of it for 10 days.

A good idea but these guys seem expensive.

We've taken to shipping our skis and ski boots separately beforehand when we fly out for a ski trip. We just go to the local UPS Store. It makes the trip more enjoyable because a)we can actually carry some clothes with us in the plane and b) I don't have to lug as much stuff to and from the plane.

Back