What to do on a windy day.

AvionicsTech

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AvionicsTech
Grounded myself due to winds this morning and was pretty bummed out about it. Instead of sulking, I made this little music video of some of my previous flights. Didn't help, only made me want to fly more. Oh well.

nice! That got me fired up too.

Very enjoyable video. Nice way to spend your downtime.

What to do on a windy day is obvious. Go flying!

Video was nice,just inspired me to go flying even more.

Heck of a video. Nicely done! It does make one want to get up in the air again.

Windy day? Go out and practice cross wind landings.

Windy day? Go out and practice cross wind landings.

Yes, I would have absolutley loved to do that on a breezy day, but the day I scrubbed my flight and made this video was a bit more than a breezy day. I know that calm seas make for poor sailors, but at the same time, knowingly sailing a small ship into 30 foot swells makes for soggy sailors.

Last edited:
...knowingly sailing a small ship into 30 foot swells makes for soggy sailors.

You could have spent the day grooming your labia. :blowingkisses:

...Just kidding. ;) Nice vid. If it was 30kt of crosswind component, I'd have probably scrubbed too. On the other hand, if it was just 30kt winds and a few degrees off runway heading, then yeah, you totally should've got a mani/pedi instead.

(there.. I've contributed to the "pilots eat their young" stereotype for the day... woot :D )

You could have spent the day grooming your labia. :blowingkisses:

...Just kidding. ;) Nice vid. If it was 30kt of crosswind component, I'd have probably scrubbed too. On the other hand, if it was just 30kt winds and a few degrees off runway heading, then yeah, you totally should've got a mani/pedi instead.

(there.. I've contributed to the "pilots eat their young" stereotype for the day... woot :D )

Mike, I've worked aircraft maintenance in the military for the past 12 years. If "pilots eat their young", then maintainers do things to their young that would make Jeffrey Dahmer blush. Glad you liked the video.

Back