What skills do you have?

I am guessing the vital skills I have retained from my productive youth such as Kazooing and 'cool sounds I can make with my hand in my armpit' need not apply to this thread?

I've found these types of newly-rescucitated skills work well for amusing one's one-year-old child.

You haven't seen my secretary. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm amazed anyone even has secretaries anymore.

Only the CEO has had any "executive assistants" in even the largest companies I've worked for, for decades. Not even his underlings and executive minions got assistants.

Must be a government thing. ;)

I've got .300 Savage and .303 British, but I haven't heard of .303 Savage... ? I had to google it ... :D I saw some blogs about fire-forming it from .303 British or .30-30 brass...

Graf's http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/12638
and Midway have it http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=276943

To avoid SZ all I will say is that Graf's will not ship reloading components to Massachusetts residents. Not even unprimed brass or reloading dies. Needless to say, I won't be ordering anything from Graf's.

And Midway doesn't have it. Apparently Norma has discontinued the .303 Savage brass. I kind of wish Midway would remove that entry on their site.

But thanks for looking.

I can speak, publicly. Give me a topic and five minutes, and I can hold forth.

And, believe it or not, I know when to stop.

My 8th grade teacher got so annoyed that he made me stand up in class and speak for 5 min on a topic he chose. Any topic, any time. That ability has stood me in good stead for years. If you display complete confidence, they'll believe anything you tell 'em! Of course Dad sold cars, so I watched him for years.

Other skills - reasonably good wind musician (clarinet & sax), ok on keyboards, can teach how to read music and beginning piano; pretty good theatre carpenter (it only has to last the run of the show) and lighting technician; superb at event planning & management (I run a party like an aerospace program); make brownies, buttermilk biscuits & beef stroganoff from scratch.

mmmm I can organize a fly in, make beer, BBQ as in smoking not grilling although I can do that to. Cook,Lead and fix and build things.

Wild horses? I haven't seen too many "wild" draft horses with docked tails. There isn't enough open land to have actual wild horses in The Netherlands. But there are wild horses in the Camargue area in France.

Did you go to the Ijseelmeer too? Dutch engineering skills are impressive. They also built the Thames Barrier.

I was told, and the local literature advertises them as "wild". I looked at the tail, it looked like another horse had docked it, it was a ragged job, not surgical. Likely they are like American "wild" horses and actually feral.

I'm amazed anyone even has secretaries anymore.

Only the CEO has had any "executive assistants" in even the largest companies I've worked for, for decades. Not even his underlings and executive minions got assistants.

Must be a government thing. ;)

I'm an executive assistant to the CEO. And an office manager. And a property manager. But you're mostly right - rarely do I only assist one executive these days; only CEO's. If they are VP's etc I will be the assistant to a group of them.

I haven't called them, but $30 for a package of 20? holy cow!

Are Norma brass dipped in gold?

Can the brass be reformed/cut from something else more common? I make 7.5 French for my MAS 49/56 from 6.5 mm Swedish Mauser brass. I just cut it 1 mm, and use a .30-06 die to reform the opening. Voila!. It is very easy.

Have you seen the price of 7.5 French ammo, if you can find it or even the brass? :rolleyes:

Can the brass be reformed/cut from something else more common? I make 7.5 French for my MAS 49/56 from 6.5 mm Swedish Mauser brass. I just cut it 1 mm, and use a .30-06 die to reform the opening. Voila!. It is very easy.

Have you seen the price of 7.5 French ammo, if you can find it or even the brass? :rolleyes:

Some people talk about using .30-30 brass and fire forming with tape around it to make it seat in the chamber. Some people talk about 220 swift brass (iirc).

And there are people that do all sorts of turning, annealing, multiple different resizing dies, etc, etc

But in the end, there really isn't anything that I'm comfortable with, especially since I'm new to reloading. I'll probably end up paying the price and being very careful with the brass in order to get the max number of safe reloads out of them.

I can unclasp a bra single handed while otherwise occupied. ;)

Yeah, but I still think Kimbely can best you at that test.

I was pretty fair back in my younger days when girls my age had only one clasp. Now they have three and they're under a lot more strain.

Some people talk about using .30-30 brass and fire forming with tape around it to make it seat in the chamber. Some people talk about 220 swift brass (iirc).

And there are people that do all sorts of turning, annealing, multiple different resizing dies, etc, etc

But in the end, there really isn't anything that I'm comfortable with, especially since I'm new to reloading. I'll probably end up paying the price and being very careful with the brass in order to get the max number of safe reloads out of them.

I used to have a pre-nitro Weatherby, it was .476 or 2 IIRC. That was $12 a round 15+ years ago. Big old case to it. Took it to sea enough I got afraid to shoot it. Brass buttstock with a leather pad. Even with the leather it was brutal when loaded with a Nitro round. I want a Barret to replace it with.

I was told, and the local literature advertises them as "wild". I looked at the tail, it looked like another horse had docked it, it was a ragged job, not surgical. Likely they are like American "wild" horses and actually feral.

That set me to wondering .... Are there any "truly wild" horses anywhere, or are all the "wild" herds in the world feral? The Camargue, maybe? I'm talking about horses, not zebras. Lord, I've seen enough zebras to last a couple of lifetimes. Ornery brutes.

That set me to wondering .... Are there any "truly wild" horses anywhere, or are all the "wild" herds in the world feral? The Camargue, maybe? I'm talking about horses, not zebras. Lord, I've seen enough zebras to last a couple of lifetimes. Ornery brutes.
Most "wild horses" are feral, but there are some horses in Mongolia that are truly wild. Look up "Przewalski's Horse".

Mongolian Horses as well. There are a few true "wild" horse species left in the world but they are no more similar to the equines we are used to than Zebras really. The majority of "wild horses" in the world are feral if you go back a few hundred years even. Man has been breeding horses for so long that anything you look at and say "horse" is a result of animal husbandry by humans. We've actually achieved an impressive array of results with horses around the world.

The Arabs do a beautiful horse with energy and spirit. Mine was half Arabian, problem was the other half was quarter horse and thoroughbred. 16h3, broad and fast with an attitude:eek:. When I'd get home from a month offshore and saddle him up, we'd have a little buck-out, but he never got me off. Then we get a mile down the road and he'd want to go back and turn and I'd just keep him turning.... Once this is over, usually a dozen to a score times around the circle, he's good as gold for the rest of the time I'm home... till I come back from work again.:mad2::mad2::lol:

The horse was named "Test Pilot" long before I got him as a wedding present from the in laws. (My ex's dad was AF TP and then Douglas TP in the C-17) I later learned that I got him because no one else wanted to ride him.:D He was fast as though. If there was a race on, TP was gonna win it, and he could cut like a mad dog too. When that big of a horse springs to the side, it's a big move to stay with.

The Arabs do a beautiful horse with energy and spirit.

Absolutely. When I took my first stab at college (way too many years ago) I worked on an Arabian ranch in Texas that had 480 horses, most of which were Straight Egyptian (lots of Ibns on the registry). They were amazing animals. Long, graceful necks and slim hips, unlike the chunky quarter horses and "hippy" Thoroughbreds I grew up with.

I can still kick a 55 yard field goal as of this afternoon....could kick 60 in college..

If this airline pilot thing doesn't work out...might need to keep that leg strong and flexible.

Last edited:
Back