What records/documents will I need for SSRI path 2?

S

ssriAnon

I'm interested in pursuing a PPL and know I will need a 3rd class SI due to SSRI use. I have been on a low dose since 2018 for anxiety/depression. I was also on an SSRI for about 1-2 years back in 2006 also for anxiety/depression. I know since I've had two occurrences of SSRI use path 1 is not an option for me.

In an effort to be as prepared as possible, what medical records and documents will be needed for the SI application? Will I need records from 2006? (I don't know if they even exist) I know this is a long and expensive process so I want to do what I can to set myself up for success.

You will need go through a HIMS AME doctor to get a Special Issuance Medical for an SSRI. The HIMS AME doctor will know what you need to do be successful, so don't feel overwhelmed at this point.

I recommend contacting Dr. Bruce Chien (@bbchien) via his website. Dr. Bruce is a PoA member and he is also one of the doctors who helped convince the FAA to certify pilots who are taking an SSRI. A whole bunch of PoA members recommend him! I suggest that you visit his website http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com and then click on the "How to Start" link at the top of his webpage to...err...get started!

Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back