What planes do you want IRL?

Samuroot1987

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Samuroot2801
Me? I'd think something along the lines of a more modern Spitfire.

Me? I'd think something along the lines of a more modern Spitfire.

It's a bit of a stretch to call that "IRL".

Where will you get a large displacement, mass produced V-12?

In order to pay for the production tooling, you're going to have a make a limited run of them for sale. In todays market they're likely to sit along time and sell for about or less than production costs.

I think it is "In Real Life". Since my life is already pretty "real", I have a Cherokee 140 and am planning to upgrade to a Cherokee 235 soon.

Personally, I'd like to see an 8 seat seaplane powered by 4 Continental diesel engines that resembles the Dornier Do-26. It would be a lot of fun to fly the world in it and perhaps you could sell it to a few navies to pay for production costs.

A 6 seat, 4 door, high wing, single engine with a cruise speed greater than 200 KIAS, 15gph fuel burn, full fuel payload of around 1600 lbs with a range of 1000nm for under $300K brand new. Yes, I want it. I know it wont ever be made, but that's what I want.

A 6 seat, 4 door, high wing, single engine with a cruise speed greater than 200 KIAS, 15gph fuel burn, full fuel payload of around 1600 lbs with a range of 1000nm for under $300K brand new. Yes, I want it. I know it wont ever be made, but that's what I want.

What is Ktas in KPH? its the only relitive speed i know as ive not had anty classes. XD american asking for KPH. most would laugh at me fot that.

multiply by 1.85 to go from knots to kph

What is Ktas in KPH? its the only relitive speed i know as ive not had anty classes. XD american asking for KPH. most would laugh at me fot that.

KTAS = Knots True Air Speed and that speed would be dependent upon the make believe performance of my dream aircraft under specific circumstances.

So to answer what the KPH (Kilometers Per Hour) would be based on the KTAS calculated from the KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed), we would need to test this aircraft to see how it performs at altitude. Since its a make believe aircraft for me, I'm gonna say the KTAS will be around 260 giving you a KPH of around 140. :dunno:

KTAS = Knots True Air Speed and that speed would be dependent upon the make believe performance of my dream aircraft under specific circumstances.

So to answer what the KPH (Kilometers Per Hour) would be based on the KTAS calculated from the KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed), we would need to test this aircraft to see how it performs at altitude. Since its a make believe aircraft for me, I'm gonna say the KTAS will be around 260 giving you a KPH of around 140. :dunno:

Ah. ty. slower plane.

The one I have ,that's why I purchased it.

IRL I can't afford the plane I own. I live in a fantasy land and write high dollar checks to keep the dream going.

Doesn't the Comp Air 7 come close to that??

Doesn't the Comp Air 7 come close to that??

Close, but the fuel burn is far from 15 gph unfortunately (. I have always liked that airplane, just wish it was not an experimental. Guess I need to also add to the wish list that it not be an experimental aircraft.

walter_table.gif

Close, but the fuel burn is far from 15 gph unfortunately (. I have always liked that airplane, just wish it was not an experimental. Guess I need to also add to the wish list that it not be an experimental aircraft.

It can always be built with a TIO-540 instead of the turbine. you'll lose some performance but have a reasonable fuel burn.

The closest certified plane that I can think of to what you want is the Found E350. At $600K they're twice what you want to pay though.

What planes do you want IRL?

Well, let me break it down into three possibilities:

1. Within the realm of possibility: A Diamond DA42-VI, or possibly an Aerostar 702P.

2. In my dreams: A Piper Meridian.

3. Only if I had barrels of cash buried in the desert like Walter White: An Eclipse 550.

It can always be built with a TIO-540 instead of the turbine. you'll lose some performance but have a reasonable fuel burn.

The closest certified plane that I can think of to what you want is the Found E350. At $600K they're twice what you want to pay though.

Always liked them as well. Saw one in person about 4 months ago and fell in love with all the glass and 4 doors. Still to slow at 160ish KTAS to fit my dream wish list. and it only has 5 seats. I see 6 seats in my dream. :) Did they go out of business? Their website doesn't work.

I decided to go for the -35 for the fuel economy of turboprops. :D

northrop-yb35-flying-wing.jpg

My most wanted plane? Piper Twin Comanche - Twin, but still reasonably efficient. Preferably with R-STOL, turbos, and full Miller conversion (In order of preference: Nacelles, engines, aux tanks, nose). But, I like to go places. This is a nice one, sadly now exported:

attachment.php
attachment.php

If I could afford more... I'd keep the Twinkie, get a bigger hangar, and add a Globe Swift to the mix - Fun little two-seat retract taildragger. Preferably a "Super Swift" with 210hp, extra fuel, canopy, and stick conversions. If I ever see N3389K for sale, I'd be tempted. (Saw it in the avionics shop when I sprung the Mooney out... A very drool-inducing aircraft!)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Finally, if I really hit the jackpot - King Air 200. Preferably with all the Raisbeck mods and a G1000 panel. Something like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• McDaniel_1.jpg
    McDaniel_1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 77
  • McDaniel_5.jpg
    McDaniel_5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Ext-1.jpg
    Ext-1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 78
  • Panel-82526913.jpg
    Panel-82526913.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 150
  • 500_Image1.jpg
    500_Image1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
  • FL-38G1000Email-720x325.jpg
    FL-38G1000Email-720x325.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
If I could afford it... TBM 850. And a Eurocopter AS 355. But I'd settle for a Piper 6xl and a Schweizer 434.

My most wanted plane? Piper Twin Comanche - Twin, but still reasonably efficient. Preferably with R-STOL, turbos, and full Miller conversion (In order of preference: Nacelles, engines, aux tanks, nose). But, I like to go places. This is a nice one, sadly now exported:

attachment.php
attachment.php

If I could afford more... I'd keep the Twinkie, get a bigger hangar, and add a Globe Swift to the mix - Fun little two-seat retract taildragger. Preferably a "Super Swift" with 210hp, extra fuel, canopy, and stick conversions. If I ever see N3389K for sale, I'd be tempted. (Saw it in the avionics shop when I sprung the Mooney out... A very drool-inducing aircraft!)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Finally, if I really hit the jackpot - King Air 200. Preferably with all the Raisbeck mods and a G1000 panel. Something like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That doesn't look like a KA panel...

Edit (Nevermind, I guess that's the Twinkie panel)

Back