What plane should I buy Eight engine offering

Luigi

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Luigi
I guess I need a B-52, Hell, I could easily afford the fuel with my PPP.
Insurance, Hmmmmm.

Ahh, someone beat me to it!!

Double disregard

Last edited:
Might want to measure your hangar first.

8 engines.?? That won't empress the girls.... more is better.!!

I feel like we skipped a step... :p

Dornier-DO-X-San-Diego-Air-and-Space-Museum-Archive-AL-135B-139-1245x640.jpg

edit: snap, those are 12 not 6. Disregard... "ready in sequence" :D

Spruce Goose baby. Old, but only .1 hours on the tach. Well maintained. Install a GTN750 and ADSB and you’re good to go. Maintenance support may be difficult. May need to buy or create the Type Certificate and make your own parts.

Gifupload_2020-7-17_19-48-19.jpeg

Yeah probably put a tail beacon in and good to go.

hangar rent will be a killer. And hopefully TBO is a long way away - overhaul x 8... yikes

Yeah probably put a tail beacon in and good to go.

hangar rent will be a killer. And hopefully TBO is a long way away - overhaul x 8... yikes

Not to mention getting it from its present location to the nearest water long enough for take-off. That would not be a cheap move. And, yes, I've been to the museum where it presently sits.

Kalinin K-7
Cheap, but I hear they are a pain to maintain. On the bright side, you can do your own engine maintenance while still in the air.

upload_2020-7-18_11-9-25.jpeg

Spruce Goose baby. Old, but only .1 hours on the tach. Well maintained. Install a GTN750 and ADSB and you’re good to go. Maintenance support may be difficult. May need to buy or create the Type Certificate and make your own parts.

GifView attachment 87827

Register it EA-B, just because Howard Hughes's hobby was paid for by the US Military does not make it less of a hobby.

Back